Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35212 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Jo1 wrote:
@welshsteve76 how do you provide receipts for using a pay phone????

The fact that your pocket is about 85p (shocking payrates in payphones these days, if you can find one!) lighter per (short) call made...~? yahoo

Message 551 of 715

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Warren86 wrote:
I'll accept 12months free contract as means of an apology

Wouldn't we all roflroflroflrofl

Thanks

Steve
Message 552 of 715

Jo1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@welshsteve76 my husband is a contractor in building trade. There were 4 contractors trying to contact him yest and as a result he lost one contract. This has obviously had a direct result on our household income and it’s SE people who have been affected more so due to loosing money on their income, o2 hold all these form of details so should start with the higher paid tariffs because people paying for those kind of services are doing so for business reasons and as a direct result are loosing out, however I believe every customer should be compensated because they are all in a contract and have lost services they are paying for.
Message 553 of 715

unicornchazz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The outage was awful, you don't realise how much you need your data!!! I needed to look at maps for my journey and couldn't!! I had to borrow a friends, I thought it was just my phone being silly and did a restart and everything. rage

Message 554 of 715

b4u2
Level 8: Talented
  • 368 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
@amytalker
Everyone always thinks that the grass is green on the other side. Don't kid yourself. You'll leave to another network and then they'll have issues sometimes and be down and then what. I mean come on. Seriously. No one out there is perfect. Every network has downs.
Message 555 of 715

davethorp
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@Warren86 wrote:
I'll accept 12months free contract as means of an apology

Might have to settle for 2 days

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/o2-down-compensation-free-credit-refu...

Message 556 of 715

Shergar
Level 3: Thinker
  • 24 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Looks like the compensation is a steaming pile of.....

O2 has revealed the compensation package it will offer to customers hit by its data outage.

Both pay monthly and pay as you go customers will receive free time after they were left entirely without data for a whole day.

Pay monthly customers will be given two free days on their contract. And pay as you go customers will get 10 per cent of their credit for free.

Message 557 of 715

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Shergar wrote:

Looks like the compensation is a steaming pile of.....

O2 has revealed the compensation package it will offer to customers hit by its data outage.

Both pay monthly and pay as you go customers will receive free time after they were left entirely without data for a whole day.

Pay monthly customers will be given two free days on their contract. And pay as you go customers will get 10 per cent of their credit for free.

Where was that @Shergar? On twitter?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 558 of 715

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

During the last outage customers got 3 days free service and a £10 voucher to use in O2 stores that about 4 customers actually used

So this one isn’t all that much different

Message 559 of 715

Shergar
Level 3: Thinker
  • 24 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions