Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Have you tried turning your phone off and on again @gsh? That seems to fix your problem in most cases.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 531 of 715

Mamillian
  • 32 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all. After all the news coverage about this yesterday, are you all still blaming O2 for this?  It was not O2's issue and they have been working as hard as they can to fix this with Ericsson since it first occurred yesterday morning. Services are pretty much back to normal, but for those who are not, just report to customer service. 

Again, this is an user community forum, not customer service. There is no point only complaining here as nothing can be done by anybody on here.

Are you being wilfully obtuse? o2 are our service provider and they chose to work with Ericsson as part of their infrastructure. Ergo - o2's choice of infrastructure partner has directly caused this outage. 

Our contract is not with Ericsson. It is with o2. This isn't rocket science. It is elemantary consumer rights. It is unfathomable how people cannot see this. 

If people on this forum could stop feeling bizarrely partizan feelings for a heartless multinational conglomorate and stop patronising those who feel aggreived we'd all get along better. 

Message 532 of 715

Shergar
  • 24 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@welshsteve76 wrote:

@Shergar wrote:

@welshsteve76 wrote:

Hi all. After all the news coverage about this yesterday, are you all still blaming O2 for this?  It was not O2's issue and they have been working as hard as they can to fix this with Ericsson since it first occurred yesterday morning. Services are pretty much back to normal, but for those who are not, just report to customer service. 

Again, this is an user community forum, not customer service. There is no point only complaining here as nothing can be done by anybody on here.

It is absolutely o2 issue. I couldn’t give 2 craps about what caused it, my contract is with o2 not Ericsson.

In addition to all those saying it’s only 60p potential compensation/goodwill for loss of service, yes to the individual, it certainly isn’t x32 million users to o2. Everyone should complain and make them pay... that’s only thing that will impact them for this shambles. Then donate the money to charity... win win. 🖕o2.... ##thatisal

Yes, and as has been mentioned countless times in this thread, your contract clearly states that 100% up time cannot be guaranteed. 

So if you can't accept that, don't agree to the contract.

I'm not defending O2, but these things happen unfortunately, and ranting and raving on here and posting abusive words/symbols isn't going to help at all is it?

This is an O2 user community forum, NOT customer service.  If you want to be abusive, call customer service and air your grievances to them.

You are wrong.....

What are customers' rights to compensation?

Significantly, rights for individuals are different to those for businesses.

For corporate customers, the right to compensation depends on the wording of their contract with O2.

Individuals have rights to make a claim to the company to which they pay the bill, under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 which states that services should be provided with reasonable skill and care.

Customers should be able to claim a refund for the proportion of the contract when they were without the use of the phone, according to Adam French, from consumer group Which?.

They could also claim consequential losses. For example, if they incurred bank charges because they were unable to move their money, or the cost of having to use a payphone.

This must be a genuine, reasonable loss which can be proved with evidence.

Helen Dewdney, who writes a blog called The Complaining Cow, suggested phone users should calculate their losses and write to O2 with the evidence, such as copies of receipts. They should state what they wanted as redress and mention the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

If they felt the response was unsatisfactory, it could be referred to Ombudsman Services: Communications of which O2 is a member. The customer would need to ask for a letter from O2 confirming they had failed to reach an agreement, or wait eight weeks from the beginning of the complaint.

Message 533 of 715

Jo1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@gsh some are up and running but even they are very slow, my husband is in a 4G area and only getting 3G I am still having problems with my signal, txts and data. Our contract is with o2 not Erricson I appreciate that o2 are doing all they can but obviously because our contract is with them then it is then we will complain to just as you would with any other service providers. O2 should be giving out compensation and getting it sorted then claim the amount of compensation back from Ericsson as that is who their contract is with...
Message 534 of 715

Shergar
  • 24 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Mamillian wrote:
Hi all. After all the news coverage about this yesterday, are you all still blaming O2 for this?  It was not O2's issue and they have been working as hard as they can to fix this with Ericsson since it first occurred yesterday morning. Services are pretty much back to normal, but for those who are not, just report to customer service. 

Are you being wilfully obtuse? o2 are our service provider and they chose to work with Ericsson as part of their infrastructure. Ergo - o2's choice of infrastructure partner has directly caused this outage. 

Our contract is not with Ericsson. It is with o2. This isn't rocket science. It is elemantary consumer rights. It is unfathomable how people cannot see this. 

If people on this forum could stop feeling bizarrely partizan feelings for a heartless multinational conglomorate and stop patronising those who feel aggreived we'd all get along better. 

Exactly👏👏👏 getting fed up with the o2 fanboys making it up on the fly. The person obviously doesn’t understand consumer law....

What are customers' rights to compensation?

Significantly, rights for individuals are different to those for businesses.

For corporate customers, the right to compensation depends on the wording of their contract with O2.

Individuals have rights to make a claim to the company to which they pay the bill, under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 which states that services should be provided with reasonable skill and care.

Customers should be able to claim a refund for the proportion of the contract when they were without the use of the phone, according to Adam French, from consumer group Which?.

They could also claim consequential losses. For example, if they incurred bank charges because they were unable to move their money, or the cost of having to use a payphone.

This must be a genuine, reasonable loss which can be proved with evidence.

Helen Dewdney, who writes a blog called The Complaining Cow, suggested phone users should calculate their losses and write to O2 with the evidence, such as copies of receipts. They should state what they wanted as redress and mention the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

If they felt the response was unsatisfactory, it could be referred to Ombudsman Services: Communications of which O2 is a member. The customer would need to ask for a letter from O2 confirming they had failed to reach an agreement, or wait eight weeks from the beginning of the complaint.

Message 535 of 715

Jo1
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@welshsteve how do you provide receipts for using a pay phone????
Message 536 of 715

Jo1
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@welshsteve76 how do you provide receipts for using a pay phone????
Message 537 of 715

dozer167a
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Touch wood! Every thing appears to be back to normal for me. 4G ok, Text & Email ok.

Message 538 of 715

Loyal_customer1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Refund/compensation: I was out in the middle of nowhere with no access to a map or directions yesterday unbeknown to me it was due to having no data. This caused an incredible inconvenience to my day and I would like some form of recompense. I pay over £40/pm to o2 and there is a level of service that I expect in return which I most definitely did not receive. O2 did not even have the grace or consideration to text customers warning them I had to find out from the news.
Message 539 of 715

Loyal_customer1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve now received important voicemails from yesterday without being notified at the time. Something needs to be done o2
Message 540 of 715