Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

Jo1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry @ewanrw o2 has just confirmed to me that people were receiving £75 but it was stopped this morning until discussions have finished and a statement is released but they don’t know when the statement will be released so it may not even be today
Message 521 of 715

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@ewanrw wrote:
O2’s official line in no compensation has been agreed or given yet. The £75 figure is probably plucked out if the air to wind people up. And it’s working.

Anyway £75 per direct customer would be approx £190 million. Never going to happen.

It was earlier in this thread where the source was someone on Facebook got compensated without evidence. I think you know what that means about the legitimate source of news!

Message 522 of 715

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, I've just added our latest updates in the OP:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 523 of 715

Jo1
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@EmilieT my husband is in a 4G area but is still on only 3G and I am STILL having trouble sendin txts and with My signal coming and going...and one of your customer advisors confirmed to me that’s people have been receiving £75 compensation but this has now been stopped, are you calling your own staff LIARS???? Please no more lies just be honest then maybe people would be more understanding!!!!
Message 524 of 715

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
I’ll believe it when I see it.

Unless your a corporate with agreed SLA, it’ll be a a days airtime credit and goodwill £10 O2 store voucher.
Message 525 of 715

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
Probably the outsourced Capita call centre, so not O2 staff.
Message 526 of 715

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Shergar wrote:

@welshsteve76 wrote:

Hi all. After all the news coverage about this yesterday, are you all still blaming O2 for this?  It was not O2's issue and they have been working as hard as they can to fix this with Ericsson since it first occurred yesterday morning. Services are pretty much back to normal, but for those who are not, just report to customer service. 

Again, this is an user community forum, not customer service. There is no point only complaining here as nothing can be done by anybody on here.

It is absolutely o2 issue. I couldn’t give 2 craps about what caused it, my contract is with o2 not Ericsson.

In addition to all those saying it’s only 60p potential compensation/goodwill for loss of service, yes to the individual, it certainly isn’t x32 million users to o2. Everyone should complain and make them pay... that’s only thing that will impact them for this shambles. Then donate the money to charity... win win. 🖕o2.... ##thatisal

Yes, and as has been mentioned countless times in this thread, your contract clearly states that 100% up time cannot be guaranteed. 

So if you can't accept that, don't agree to the contract.

I'm not defending O2, but these things happen unfortunately, and ranting and raving on here and posting abusive words/symbols isn't going to help at all is it?

This is an O2 user community forum, NOT customer service.  If you want to be abusive, call customer service and air your grievances to them.

Thanks

Steve
Message 527 of 715

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I mentioned this earlier, but google "o2 outage 2012" and you'll find the result was something like £10 off your bill. Don't expect anything else or more unless you can prove to them you were out of pocket in writing or have an SLA stating otherwise.

Message 528 of 715

nicknack12345
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi anyone at o2 I have had no service for 2 days now, i have logged several complaints but still no service. You're default media service update that all 4g services are up and running is not correct. please resolve all services to all before you comment that all is ok when it clearly is not. not very happy O2 customer
Message 529 of 715

gsh
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The latest information states that 3G and 4G are now up and running.  That is not the case for me - I cannot access the internet, send or receive emails or telephone calls.  My phone can only be used for emergency calls, everything else is 'not connected to network'.  My mobile is a point of contact for all family and friends and especially for my seriously ill husband.  Please advise by email (which I can access via my home computer) when this problem is likely to be sorted.

Message 530 of 715