Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

Mark261992
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

how are you going to compensate us for the loss of network after yesterday I was talking on the phone to your team  they told me that we well be getting somethank or other back 

Message 511 of 715

Cazmia
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I finally got through to livechat after refreshing the website constantly for over half an hour. End result, I was escalated to a level 2 guru, who is raising this as a fault for me (and my mother as well) and all I can suggest is somehow getting onto the live chat, and asking for it to be reported to be fixed.

Message 512 of 715

Timbouk
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Still no 4g here and keep losing any reception . Until yesterday all was good . Can’t get hold of customer service. Need an update when the network will be back to normal.
Message 513 of 715

sarah-berry66
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

how much longer? i cannot send messages. i rely on my phone for my dissabled son.

Message 514 of 715

moonlisa16
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

is your phone still not working... 

Mine came on this morning... 

Sounds like some are ok and others are still down... 

Have you bin able to get in touch with  02... 

This is the status on the 02 web page... 

How it gives you some information.... 

We can now report that our 4G network has been restored. Our technical teams will continue to monitor service performance closely over the next few days to ensure we remain stable. A review will be carried out with Ericsson to understand fully what happened. We’d like to thank our customers for their patience during the loss of service on Thursday 6 December and we’re sorry for any impact the issue may have caused.

Mark Evans, CEO, Telefonica (O2) UK:
I want to let our customers know how sorry I am for the impact our network data issue has had on them, and reassure them that our teams, together with Ericsson, are doing everything we can. 
We will continue to work with Ericsson, through the night, who have assured us that a full service will be restored for customers by the morning. We fully appreciate it’s been a poor experience and we are really sorry. 
Marielle Lindgren, CEO Ericsson UK & Ireland:
The cause of today’s network issue is in certain nodes in the core network resulting in network disturbances for a limited number of customers across the world, including in the UK. We have been working hard on resolving the UK data issue since early this morning. The faulty software that has caused these issues is being decommissioned. Our priority is to restore full data services on the network by tomorrow morning. Ericsson sincerely apologises to customers for the inconvenience caused.
Message 515 of 715

darrenney02
  • 126 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I finally got thought to live online chat and told them the problems I been having with my SMS text messaging. They says they will look at customers accounts once the network is fully back to normal and will see about some sort of competition and that SMS text messaging service should be fully working soon and they are sorry for the problems customers have been having since yesterday.

If the SMS text messaging service is not back to normal by tomorrow I will not be very happy.

Darren

Message 516 of 715

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For info -

I eventually got through to customer services too, on the phone about an hour ago.

They are aware of the ongoing problems with text messaging and engineers are working on it.

Message 517 of 715

Steveo
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have lost my service again! This is not good enough, I dont want WifI logs I want what I pay for. Please upodate us all on where we stand with the system working correctly again. I need my phone for work!!!

Message 518 of 715

Jo1
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@EmilieT I have just been advised that NO MORE COMPENSATION is being given out as of now until a statement is made by the company, however you do not know when this statement will be made, WHEN will it be made and why should I pay my phone bill until you resolve this? If I do not pay I will incur charges so shouldn’t o2 be paying us charges for everyday we are not paid compensation too? It works both ways and can’t be one rule for you if we are late paying but not the other way around!!!!!
Message 519 of 715

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
O2’s official line in no compensation has been agreed or given yet. The £75 figure is probably plucked out if the air to wind people up. And it’s working.

Anyway £75 per direct customer would be approx £190 million. Never going to happen.
Message 520 of 715