Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

crackers
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
im having the same issue with txts sending multiple times but saying not delivered im on pay and go
Message 501 of 715

Shergar
  • 24 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@welshsteve76 wrote:

Hi all. After all the news coverage about this yesterday, are you all still blaming O2 for this?  It was not O2's issue and they have been working as hard as they can to fix this with Ericsson since it first occurred yesterday morning. Services are pretty much back to normal, but for those who are not, just report to customer service. 

Again, this is an user community forum, not customer service. There is no point only complaining here as nothing can be done by anybody on here.

It is absolutely o2 issue. I couldn’t give [removed] about what caused it, my contract is with o2 not Ericsson.

In addition to all those saying it’s only 60p potential compensation/goodwill for loss of service, yes to the individual, it certainly isn’t x32 million users to o2. Everyone should complain and make them pay... that’s only thing that will impact them for this shambles. Then donate the money to charity... win win. [removed] ##thatisal

Message 502 of 715

vg
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,
I'm on contract. How do I go about getting refunded for loss of service. I pay to use the network and as I couldn't for 24 hours I am requesting my money returned for that period.
Message 503 of 715

Chelle
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Not very helpful when you have filled up your car with fuel then trying to log into internet banking into unlock a card to pay and you have no internet!!!!! Very unhappy customer.
Message 504 of 715

r-nolan
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hello – i have just been on the phone to o2 this morning and had TERRIBLE customer service help in relation to the issues that occurred yesterday (and many intermittently in the past couple of weeks) – this is not the first time o2 have had issues with the network and there is absolutely zero reassurance it won't happen again. 

i am a designer, i rely on being responsive on my phone when i'm on the move – yesterday, i was not able to recieve any phone calls or texts for around 10 hours, therefore i LOST money due to no fault of my own – no internet, absolutely nothing. i have asked o2 in regards to how they can compensate for their horrendous service & lack of communication on the issue as we were all left in the dark yesterday and have absolutely nothing in response. there is zero ETA on the issue, and they are passing blame onto a third party which actually has absolutely nothing to do with anything as if you sign up for o2 you expect o2 to be responsible for your service. 

if i pay my bill, i expect a working, functional operating service. 

i am so disappointed by this service as i swapped over from EE recently, and i actually wish i just stayed with them as they are far more reliable as these issues keep happening with o2. 

such a shame o2 – very, very terrible service & i am very disappointed. 

Message 505 of 715

Allyson
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been trying to call O2 but all it keeps saying is that it is not possible to connect call. How on earth are we supposed to speak to anyone. My phone is a business phone and need this for work. 

Message 506 of 715

SamuelB22
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I hope we are getting some sort of compensation for this data outage/phone and texts.

I am not paying £30 a month just to look at my phone, I am a first time O2 customer and so far I have not enjoyed my experiences with this network.

I'm starting to regret ever joining O2, we should not pay for O2's incompetence.
Message 507 of 715

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If your paying £30 a month and you lost 1 days usage thats £1.

Firstly its in the T&C you agreed to when signing up that the service isnt a guaranteed 100% uptime. Abd secondly its a quid. Is it really worth it?
Message 508 of 715

darrenney02
  • 126 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

When are o2 going to fix this SMS text messaging that some of us still seem to be having. Wish they would just say there is still a minor problem with part of there service.

i would connect live chat but that’s busy or playing up just now.

Darren

Message 509 of 715

Shergar
  • 24 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Absolutely worth it as a. £1 to you but £32 million pound to o2. MAKE THEM PAY AND DONATE TO CHARITY....

Can I claim compensation?

Customers of O2 will be able to claim for any out-of-pocket expenses that resulted from being without their phone, according to consumer expert Helen Dewdney.

Ms Dewdney, who writes a blog called The Complaining Cow, said users should be able to claim under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, which states that services should be carried out with reasonable skill and care.

That means customers would be able to claim a refund for what they would pay on a contract for the time they were without the use of the phone. They could also claim consequential loss due to breach of contract, for example, if they incurred bank charges because they were unable to move their money, or the cost of having to use a payphone.

This must be a genuine loss which can be proved with evidence. So, a taxi driver might be able to prove they lost out on fares owing to the shutdown, but other workers trying to claim a lost day of employment would struggle.

Ms Dewdney suggested phone users calculated their losses, and wrote to O2 with the evidence. They should state what they wanted as redress and mention the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

If they felt the response was unsatisfactory, it could be referred to Ombudsman Services: Communications of which O2 is a member. The customer would need to ask for a deadlock letter or wait eight weeks from the beginning of the complaint.

Message 510 of 715