Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Strange.
My wife just text me (she is tesco) and i got her message twice.
Seems to be some gremlins still...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 491 of 715

fred
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My phone is still sending ghost texts and deducting their cost from my credit balance

Message 492 of 715

majestic100
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ditto. Having exactly same problem

Message 493 of 715

darrenney02
Level 4: Observant
  • 126 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Im now starting to get a little fed up with o2 for everytime I send a text that same text gets delivery to other end two or three times its now coming out of my monthly free text alowance.

Darren

Message 494 of 715

AndyShef
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Managed to get through to O2 Customer Services on about the 10th attempt about the text message issue, then "held in a queue, expected wait 30 mins" following which I was cut off 5 minutes later.  This has happened twice.

Yet according to the BBC all issues have been resolved.

Shambolic.

Message 495 of 715

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi all. After all the news coverage about this yesterday, are you all still blaming O2 for this?  It was not O2's issue and they have been working as hard as they can to fix this with Ericsson since it first occurred yesterday morning. Services are pretty much back to normal, but for those who are not, just report to customer service. 

Again, this is an user community forum, not customer service. There is no point only complaining here as nothing can be done by anybody on here.

Thanks

Steve
Message 496 of 715

Cazmia
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I would try livechat for some help with this, but since yesterday, the option to use livechat has been stuck on "give us a moment, we're checking to see if theres an available agent", and it recommends that I come to this forum for some support.

First time in over 18 years approximately, of being a customer, that I have been this disappointed in the service from O2.

Message 497 of 715

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I'm pay monthly and didn't even know about the problem until I woke up 7pm and saw o2 was o2 then tried calling at 4.45am call didny bus or sound call went through but I couldn't hear them or they hear me so what's app call in end and then noticed no 4g or 3g icon so knew I'd been effected
Message 498 of 715

dozer167a
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On o2 network, and receiving 4G signal but still text messages diplay Not Delivered when sent.

Recipient complaing of receiving message multiple times.

Message 499 of 715

moonlisa16
Level 3: Thinker
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

My phone, texts and internet all back on... 

I didnt mind the internet being off. it was my texts and phone calls really, which was more important due to my father who is terminally ill... to keep in touch with him, was important... and to keep in contacted with my brother and sister.mom regardying the situation... 

Many people dont understand technolgy espically phones and how they work or go wrong, like many i just use the phone... and get annoyed when it doesnt work. thats human nature... 

Years ago in the 80s we didnt have this technology. and we got by, yes we did, because we knew no different. today we live by our phones for all sorts of reasons. Business, social , news, and games, keeping in touch is so easy and simple then it was in the old days, however everyone had land lines and public telephones were easy and everywhere. those days have gone, unfortunately, to me they were the good old days, when people helped others. i joined this forum yesterday so i could see and understand what was going on about the phones going off. to get some advice and help.... lots of people where affected by this isssue. yes it was not 02 fault, things happen, however, we as customers pay for a service... 

Peoples lives are busy and stressful today. every small issue is a big issue to someone... someones business, a sick child, a sick relative, social and just talking to friends... its all important to that particular person... we all live in an age where we forget others and think of our own problems and issues.... ok it was just a phone... its just the internet.... no to certain people it is a life line to the outside world, where in reality they can not go out and enjoy what we all take for granted... its someones buisness and now due to yesterday a loss of money and customers, a mom who is worried about her son who was ill, a sick father, who enjoys and looks forward to the daily text messages from his adult children, to check he is ok and doesnt need everything. Lets all feel for just one minute what someones issue however small to you is a big major issue to one person.... its nearly christmas... i say no more... ???

Message 500 of 715