Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

T77diver
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hey.
Ive been having on and off problems with 02 coverage in my area for two weeks at least. Ive been status checking via my 02 account page and got we have a mast or interference problem we will keep you informed etc. This morning my phone went down. Everything calls, texts and data. Id alraady got to work. But im a on call volunteer for a emergency service. They use a alert and tasking system via phone messaging. That obviously couldn't work.
Ive been with 02 for years when it was b.t etc. I hope there loyal customers who have lost out not just via business but lifestyle etc get something to say a big sorry and thank you. As a emergency volunteer it has effected my effectiveness to be available to do a public service. Let alone being my only line to family and friends as i dont have a landline.
Message 421 of 715

Sammie16
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This is a joke as said above it is NOT just data that is affected it’s all service!!! My phone is my business contact and I have not been able to use it all day which has affected my work. Not happy at all with this. Pointless calling O2 as sit on hold for over 30 mins or don’t get through at all!!! Online chat is down so can’t contact them that way either.
Message 422 of 715

Sariesmile
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ihave not had a working phone all day - I habe missed both work amd personal calls today as it isn't just the data affected its calls and texts aswell. My bill is always paid, and its not cheap. I should hope we get some sort compensation for this?
Message 423 of 715

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sariesmile About a £1 I reckon 

Message 424 of 715

Stu84
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've just seen someone get £75 off their bill due to all the problems caused today how do we go about getting it
Message 425 of 715

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stu84 wrote:
I've just seen someone get £75 off their bill due to all the problems caused today how do we go about getting it

Nice one @Stu84 where did you see it?

Message 426 of 715

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Outstanding.
Still not interested myself in compo...

O2, please give any credit on my bill to shelter UK please.
Message 427 of 715

Stu84
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Someone on a Facebook page
Message 428 of 715

Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s not been 24 hours & you people who sit on their phone constantly on social media or games want massive compensation. It’s not going to happen. @EmilieT if there is compensation then I want mine to go to autism uk

Message 429 of 715

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Stu84 wrote:

Absolute rubbish. No one would have been awarded anything at all today. Think you have fallen for a big lie by the FB poster  joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 430 of 715