Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

Bikerbear
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've not had data, texts or calls all day. Please stop pretending it's just data!
Message 391 of 715

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Bikerbear

It's not just data, it's calls and texts as well. Hopefully should be fixed by tomorrow....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 392 of 715

Lee123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Funny that I reported no data this morning before work via o2 app. Received a reply this evening when I connected to WiFi, response reads
'we can find no problems'
Are you sure? Considering I use my data whilst at work this has left me in a complete mess today, to also have the joy of paying for this lack of service again is a joke. Does anyone have any Information of what o2 are doing about the situation?
Message 393 of 715

Betablue
Level 4: Observant
  • 57 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@mamillion with respect you couldn't be more wrong, @Cleoriff warm funny welcoming and helpful
Message 394 of 715

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Ombudsman isnt gonna do a thing about this.
Comes under "beyond our control" and is detailed In your contract.
What you might find tho, is that O2 will most likely already be preparing some kind of offering, as by not having service for a whole day, they actually owe you a debt. A small debt, but a debt still the same.
I'm fairly certain more info will be coming..

P.s TOMORROW MORNING.
Message 395 of 715

caspergriswold
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a mobile broadband dongle, so no phone on 02. Noticed it playing up at 4ish this morning so went to bed. Currently operating on 0.01mb broadband speed. Is there anyway 02 can provide a list of websites from 20 years ago that are still operating in their original state so i can trawl the web as i'm bored. I've dug out my old dial-up modem to try and improve the speed and will try and download netscape navigator later on tonight if the speed improves. Is it possible this is due to the Millenium bug and should i book a holiday for christmas 2000 with the planes being controlled by computers?

Message 396 of 715

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
0.01mb is literally just the dongle looking for signal.

And be warned, windows vista onwards doesnt like dial up modems, there are loads of compatability issues noted online, I'd give you some links but, ya'know... no point really.
Message 397 of 715

caspergriswold
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

well i did a speed check - took 20 minutes! yeah i was taking the *bleep* more than complaining.  to be fair i was worried it would be fixed by the time the message posted. For those who don't remember dial-up this is what it was like kids cool

Message 398 of 715

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Well, to be fair... It wouldve probably took longer.
Dialup was one thing I DO NOT miss about the early days
Message 399 of 715

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

@Betablue wrote:
@mamillion with respect you couldn't be more wrong, @Cleoriff warm funny welcoming and helpful

And that's even on a bad day!

Message 400 of 715