Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

VFi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Absolutely disgusting!

I m paying a fortune and I get this service?

Seriously? Not even a text about the issues, something?Oh come on! 

I had to call my GP for an urgent appointment in the morning, no network!

I had to contact my work for being late due the occurence I had, no network!

I kept trying to call for a taxi to get me to work in whatever state I was, no network!

I keep trying to connect on my data at work no data! Yes these precious data that could connect me with someone beloved to give me courage!

Nothing and still nothing...... If you had already lost me for the worst customer services so far, now you have lost me twice, this message will circulate all over my social network. You are a disgrace, I am just paying off the remaining cost of my device and I am out of here. Worst customer service, worst network, expensive contracts....nop.....I had enough......

Message 381 of 715

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@dgilbert2 wrote:

Blimey, had my head down all day at work today, didnt realise this was going off until I saw tonights six o'clock news.

Nothing I can do, so will watch a film and chill instead......

Best thing @dgilbert2

I have replied to so many. suffered abuse...and throughout it all I am still sane I think.

The amount of times I have reported Lock and Merge to the mods, I feel as if I have completed 5000 lines at  school...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 382 of 715

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10628 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

@dgilbert2 wrote:

Blimey, had my head down all day at work today, didnt realise this was going off until I saw tonights six o'clock news.

Nothing I can do, so will watch a film and chill instead......

That would be for the best ~ don't do a "catch up" it will kill you.

Best rest ~ grin

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 383 of 715

Jds5689
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

oooo H+ has just turned on. at same time as pressing the turn on "nearby" button

turned off "nearby" button, H+ still appears

Message 384 of 715

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good evening everyone, I've just shared our latest update in the OP:

Our network teams continue to make this a top priority and we are slowly beginning to restore our services which will continue throughout tonight. Here's our latest position with a joint statement from our and Ericsson UK & Ireland's CEO >https://status.o2.co.uk/

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 385 of 715

crismpos
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I cannot reach my 11 year old son. The outage affects voice and text too. O2 you must disclose the true nature of the outage to the paying customers!

Message 386 of 715

Shergar
Level 3: Thinker
  • 24 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 are the biggest bunch of clowns in mobile telecommunications in uk. They treat customers with contempt and have the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Only way they will learn is by voting with our feet and sticking two fingers up to their contempt for every one of us.

Message 387 of 715

Mamillian
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 32 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Had a couple of hours off to regain my sanity. Been trying to 'help' people who don't want to be helped since 7am . Seen abuse of the regulars ....in fact it's been like WW3 on this thread alone.

1) I hope these new moaners aren't rewarded for their posts

2) I hope all all who kudoed others for being rude and acting as if it was world end have the kudoes removed

3) Next time get a back up plan for this sort of thing.

4) Can't wait for the Welcome thread posted every three days...guess what?.....

Some advice from a noob so to speak.

You've came across as patronising and elitist. People's greivances are perfectly legitimate and they have a right to air them here. Maybe it is a tone thing but I can see why people got uppity. Not everyone has the time nor inclination to have a backup when their phone service goes down. It's not a thing you expect to happen, it being o2s main service. Literally the thing they are supposed to do they have epically failed at. Regardless of whether it is Ericssons software, o2 are our provider. Fault ultimately rests with them. 

A little patience and a less haughty tone would help this be a more welcoming community and not the usual cabal of snarky regulars. It's an echo chamber. 

Message 388 of 715

Mumof3
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I get people are frustrated, I am, I have four phone's on o2, all on contract and all have been down today but what I just can't understand is how people keep complaining that o2 haven't text to let us know when what they're complaining about is that they can't send or receive calls or texts!!! I for one would be even more annoyed if all day I'd heard nothing then got a text come through when it's sorted, then you'd get people complaining that it's too late!!
Message 389 of 715

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@Mamillian wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Had a couple of hours off to regain my sanity. Been trying to 'help' people who don't want to be helped since 7am . Seen abuse of the regulars ....in fact it's been like WW3 on this thread alone.

1) I hope these new moaners aren't rewarded for their posts

2) I hope all all who kudoed others for being rude and acting as if it was world end have the kudoes removed

3) Next time get a back up plan for this sort of thing.

4) Can't wait for the Welcome thread posted every three days...guess what?.....

Some advice from a noob so to speak.

You've came across as patronising and elitist. People's greivances are perfectly legitimate and they have a right to air them here. Maybe it is a tone thing but I can see why people got uppity. Not everyone has the time nor inclination to have a backup when their phone service goes down. It's not a thing you expect to happen, it being o2s main service. Literally the thing they are supposed to do they have epically failed at. Regardless of whether it is Ericssons software, o2 are our provider. Fault ultimately rests with them. 

A little patience and a less haughty tone would help this be a more welcoming community and not the usual cabal of snarky regulars. It's an echo chamber. 

I came across as nothing of the sort. All I ever did was point people to this thread...you should go back and check and not lump everyone under the same banner @Mamillian

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 390 of 715