Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Harlington.

You will need to give 30days notice, and pay off any contractual fees, you can call from a landline on 0344 809 0202

Also remember to not cancel any Direct Debits to avoid any additional charges.

As they say goodbye and enjoy the new world slight_smile

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 321 of 715

Sylvie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok folks - no mobile phone all day. Emails coming through but no text or calls.  When is this going to be fixed? Had to suspend my working day. 

Message 322 of 715

GillyB1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The service status link is STILL not working, so no-one can find out what the situation is. Outages happen, but we need to know what the status is please. 

I only use 02 for calls and texts, not data. Cannot send texts at all, cannot make any phone calls out. This is in the Tunbridge Wells area. However, I can receive texts coming from South London. Very weird. Outage obviously not a 2 way street.

Message 323 of 715

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PH1LB0 rational and reasonable don't seem to work, so I'm trying comedy. Granted I'm not funny but it's got to be worth a try. (Btw your comedy skills are to be commended) 

You're so right @moonlisa16 everything is great, until it isn't.. people feel aggrieved, and rightly so.. i would be too.

But they come on here shouting the odds, demanding recompense, when in fact life could go on, and has.

Fingers crossed you get to see him and all is well! 

Message 324 of 715

madasaf1sh
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
I would clear your cookies and temporary files from your web browser as it is working and i got straight in.
Message 325 of 715

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Betablue

I completely understand what you are saying ~ would this kind of  person be shamed though?

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 326 of 715

madasaf1sh
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Anonymous

Keep on with Comedy, its like baldrick and cappuncino 🙂

Too right people need to get a grip...

Now wheres that Hammer and flamethrower., need to go fix a mobile issue
Message 327 of 715

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

I have been absolutely shocked at the hostility, bad manners, unacceptable comments etc.

@sheepdog

It's like a "war" 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 328 of 715

madasaf1sh
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@EmilieT @Martin-O2 @Mods

Can we get all the triplicated threads closed down, or merged with this thread???

Message 329 of 715

Betablue
Level 4: Observant
  • 57 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Aye @TallTrees that's a good point. Getting too deep into it (as I tend to do) I suppose I don't like any form of censorship, by their words they condemn themselves etc. But on the other hand the post hardly contains any lucid point so wouldnt be missed.
Message 330 of 715