Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you manage to get in touch with your father? @moonlisa16

Message 301 of 715

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@jonsie.

Too true, that's what business disruption insurance is for, and why most businesses should have it...
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 302 of 715

Tony5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Okay I am getting exceedingly [Removed]! This has gone on now for nearly 12 hours, any top of the class mobile service provider in the 21st century should be able to fix an issue within 3-4 hours of it occurring.  O2 is obviously not a top of the class mobile service provider.  O2 you have 2 hours to get the service back up and running otherwise I am going to start looking at other mobile service providers.

Message 303 of 715

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My Dad (and i assume all Sky customers) got a text this morning saying because of o2 their network was having issues too. So if Sky can text customers, o2 can and should have
Message 304 of 715

Betablue
Level 4: Observant
  • 57 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@TallTrees imo it should be left there to shame the poster
Message 305 of 715

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tony5 wrote:

Okay I am getting exceedingly p*ssed off! This has gone on now for nearly 12 hours, any top of the class mobile service provider in the 21st century should be able to fix an issue within 3-4 hours of it occurring.  O2 is obviously not a top of the class mobile service provider.  O2 you have 2 hours to get the service back up and running otherwise I am going to start looking at other mobile service providers.

Off you pop then petal.. It'll give you something to fill the time until the network comes back. Just don't cancel your direct debit. 

Message 306 of 715

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Tony5

Remember to pay off your contract and give 30 days notice to leave, remember to not cancel any direct debits as o2's debt collectors will be in touch..

Also they dont have to give you any update, as there are no SLA's or KPI's or do you have over 500 devices with o2..

I would also read your T&C's
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 307 of 715

b4u2
Level 8: Talented
  • 368 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
@madasaf1sh
how do you know no compensation?
Message 308 of 715

PH1LB0
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Curmudgeon, please excuse me while I pick myself up off the floor – that reply was so funny I collapsed in a heap and forgot all about this silly little O2 thing. Comedy cures all.
Message 309 of 715

moonlisa16
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi..

No, im going straight to his after i have finished work... to see how he is. he as heart failure and copd. and needs oxygen... i havnt bin able to get in touch with my sister or brother.... 

Thank you for asking. not a good day at work tbh my mind on my dad tbh... 

like everyone really we take our phones for granted however, its the age we live in today... im from the old days where everyone had land lines and public telephones were around and easy to use... lol 

everyone today as being very stressed from business to ill children..... 

i hope everyone is ok... 

Message 310 of 715