Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions
@jonsie

I agree, i wonder sometimes how we survived before smart devices....

We lived with Dialup broadband, a landline phone, and a TV with 4 channels... and newspapers...

Why do feel a Monty Python sktech coming on tongue
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 291 of 715

Anonymous
Not applicable

So many people having emergencies on the day their network goes down, but still feel the urge to post about it before problem solving.. scream

I remember the days when priorities were just that..  and not an O2 app..

BOOM! 

Message 292 of 715

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

@magoo wrote:
Absolutely furious with o2 and I only joined last month! I was previously a vodaphone customer for ten years and it has been the worst decision ever to join o2, I have barely any signal wherever I maybe, then today happens 😡 I have lost business and most importantly missed a call from school when my daughter bumped her head, not acceptable from such a huge company, if I could cancel my contract I would.

You can. Just pay off the device plan and give 30 days notice for the airtime.

Message 293 of 715

James1971
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is a complete joke. I have not had any calls/texts/data all day. I need it for business. I want compensattion for the loss of service and business. 

They say to check the web page.... commopn sense, you are not able to if you can't access the data.....

Pathetic!

Message 294 of 715

madasaf1sh
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions
You will get this amount of compensation...

ZERO

as you agreed to the t&C's when you signed up.

I want lots of things and I wont be getting them either!!!

If you dont like it leave, pay off your contract and give 30 days notice and go to another network, simples
Message 295 of 715

James1971
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
if enough people complain and demand compensation then it will happen
Message 296 of 715

moonlisa16
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

this still does not tell us when normal service is going to happen. i still have no phone calls, text or internet. my main concern is my phne calls and texts due to living alone and having no land line!!!!! not good at all

Message 297 of 715

madasaf1sh
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions
Be careful what you ask for....

If people are using personal mobile contracts for business purposes you might find yourselves in breach of contract, and you cut off with no comebacks..

And bills will rise to cover it, so a picture message will cost a £1, none inclusive minutes a £1 roaming outside the EU £10 /mb
Message 298 of 715

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s not just data though, voice & text messages 

Message 300 of 715