Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

me-me-me
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'll send you a postcard. LOL! 

Message 251 of 715

Mamillian
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 32 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't understand people on this forum with affiliations to a faceless, heartless multinational congolomorate. 

They have failed at the one thing they are supposed to do today - that is provide an adequate mobile phone service. That is LITERALLY the main thing a mobile phone provider needs to do. They haven't. For like 11 hours. It is farcical. 

A situation made even worse by the smug fanboys/fangirls posting messages deriding those of us who dare to be unhappy. It is truly unfathomable. 

Message 252 of 715

dougwzz98
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 35 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Message 253 of 715

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10655 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

It is more than likely that NONE of the complainers will say thank you for posting that information @sheepdog

so I will 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO KEEP US INFORMED Thanks!

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 254 of 715

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@b4u2 wrote:
Please can we get compensation for the loss of service and inconvenience caused?

Call and depending who you speak to you may get a goodwill gesture. Or use live chat who will just say no.

Why are some people just wanting to jump on the compensation wagon as soon as they see someone else demanding it?

Message 255 of 715

Kendo1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi will u be compensating people for the data paid for not been able to use and how long will it be off cos I can't use my phone and not going chasing wifi signals every 5mins
Message 256 of 715

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
As as already been said, i doubt you will as there is no guarantee of service, and NO mobile operator ever will to conusmers...

Where is your backup plan and process for having no mobile service? Landline???
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 257 of 715

BigDaddyUK
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 148 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Because if you are late to pay an O2 bill, you will immediately receive a warning !!! Blah blah blah .. And when calls and SMS do not work all day, for O2 this is normal !! No respect !!! : (((

| Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 5G 12/512Gb | Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Soon |
Message 258 of 715

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:
As as already been said, i doubt you will as there is no guarantee of service, and NO mobile operator ever will to conusmers...

Where is your backup plan and process for having no mobile service? Landline???

^^^just that....

Message 259 of 715

SoLaidBack
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Your Status Check page is almost impossible to get a response from, hardly surprising at the moment, but when you do actually get it to acknowledge your postcode all it does is repeat the same outage message you have had on the website since this morning. So what's the damn point!!!!!

Message 260 of 715