Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

GWAKE
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Now I am getting emergency calls only.  I had trouble with calls and texts earlier today and no internet.  Calls and texts came back and now all gone.

Message 221 of 715

sabrina91
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I can't believe this has happend again.. just got my signal back and now it's gone again and I'm still without data.. jheezzzzz
Message 222 of 715

GWAKE
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Rebooted phone was no help.  But just as i have posted this, the calls and texts are back again but still no internet.

Message 223 of 715

AndrewStocking
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, just for the record, my two business phones have not only lost data, but calls and texts too. I think O2 should stop saying that only data is an isssue because this clearly is not the true position.

Message 224 of 715

BigDaddyUK
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 148 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Data is not a problem, the problem is that Calls and Messages do not work !!!

| Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 5G 12/512Gb | Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Soon |
Message 225 of 715

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Betablue wrote:
@jonsie@Anonymous(and you and cleo and mi5) are my all time favourites and I'm the least flaming and least aggressive person you'd meet (I hope so anyway). All a misunderstanding and I'll be more careful not to offend in future.

All good with me @Betablue wink

All good here too @Betablue Fantastic

Message 226 of 715

Kelseydawnc93
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's very easy to pass the blame to a third party I've noticed. Still nothing for calls and texts so evidtially it is more than just data. o2 you need to step up and stop feeding customers false information. You are only going to anger the majority. As for personal reasons I needed my mobile today I will not divulge into but realistically you have a lot to do to encourage customers going forward. It seems far to frequent in my opinion and not just a little 'Outage' it's always lengthy periods of time. 

Message 227 of 715

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
My calls and texts are working fine with and with WiFi Calling.... 😛
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 228 of 715

S110r-babe
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No calls here either. Didn’t notice until I received a voicemail and tried to get it. Now I notice I can’t call any number nor text. Says not registered to network? Anyone else get that message?
Message 229 of 715

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Makes you wonder if this is more than just a software issue. Those are normally pretty quickish to fix (especially as we were told this morning they have found the issue), and not something more sinister like a cyber attack
Message 230 of 715