Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Paula_j
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had no data service or calls all day. The service checker service page does not load and the agents are constantly busy. Can I assume that with an all day outage our bills will automatically be reduced for the service failures for over 8 hours and counting without the additional inconvenience of having to phone and request it?

Message 162 of 715

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Yup, it's fully down now.
Message 163 of 715

Bex2102
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Service is really bad :rage  Says only data but I have no service so no calls or texts messages. Not very good for people travelling alone  what if something happens ????????

Message 164 of 715

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

SimonOceans
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is the second time in the past couple of months that the O2 system has gone down leaving customers in the lurch. I assume that O2 will be compensating everyone with a refund for the days lost service?  Or do we need to start a class action?

Message 166 of 715

Adriananna
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 what is going on? no network at all!!!  this causes  lot of distress as some people relate on network and data for work . What is the latest update ? When is this going to be fixed?

Message 167 of 715

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Go for it, but check the T&C's first before you waste your time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 168 of 715

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Bex2102 wrote:

Service is really bad :rage  Says only data but I have no service so no calls or texts messages. Not very good for people travelling alone  what if something happens ????????

You're online now......

Message 169 of 715

Bex2102
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yeah only because im on wifi at home just making a point about people who rely on it etc etc 

Message 170 of 715