Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

Betablue
Level 4: Observant
  • 57 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@jonsie do you reckon a reboot is worth a try? (kidding mate wink

I'm guessing they're well covered by 100% never guaranteed clauses and I suppose many have WiFi access. What I would say is better comes to say there was a problem, what was affected and when fixed would be better. Easy for me, I never get stressed but not so easy for business users and those with family issues I guess.
Message 131 of 715

Adams
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not a bad idea.  I get what people are saying though, its the principle...  We wouldn't get a minute of service without paying for it, so they do have a valid point

Message 132 of 715

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Yes, that has been happening with me - a text sent to me is not leaving the sender's phone (network error) but is landing on my phone several times a minute.

Oh the joys of fixing an aging infrastructure... tired

Message 133 of 715

Kendo1
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My internet is still down and calls texts but still took my money for daily internet charges it's disgusting took 3pound off me and can't do anything with my phone think it's time to change network
Message 134 of 715

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
In your case, for daily internet fees, I'd definitely say it's worth contacting customer services for a refund.
Message 135 of 715

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

@Ferretti wrote:

All these 'you can make calls another way' mails from self satisfied customers is all well and good, albeit impractical in my case, but it doesn't tell me how I'm supposed to get around the fact I am also unable to receive calls, which will doubtless annoy my customers. This in turn may very well lose me money, both today and in the long term, so please excuse me being a little upset. 

I needed to contact a person this morning ~ we are both on O2 (we didn't know this) but

we resolved it this lunch-time, smiles and goodwill.

It is my experience that most Customers are very responsible and will completely understand.

Maybe your customers are on O2 or maybe they will hear of the problems.

It is very often that I call a Trades-person and can't get a reply ~ I don't chuck the number in the bin,

I make a further call or enquiry.

I hope everything will return to normal soon.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 136 of 715

Andrewp
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The network has been of since 6 am ths morning and its still of at 14.20  i neeed my phone for my business 

whats gong on this is shocking to say the least 

Message 137 of 715

Hutchir9
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Since 4:45 I have had issues , anyone found a loop hole so we can leave ?
Message 138 of 715

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Glad to report one positive out of this...  Our office vending machine is unable to take credit cards as it's unable to make a mobile data connection to validate them.  My waistline thanks the good people at Ericsson for caring about it yahoo

Message 139 of 715

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@a_hcir wrote:

Glad to report one positive out of this...  Our office vending machine is unable to take credit cards as it's unable to make a mobile data connection to validate them.  My waistline thanks the good people at Ericsson for caring about it yahoo

@a_hcirLOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 140 of 715