Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Yes @gmarkj  and @EmilieT

A person needs to keep in control of their lives even if the electricity goes down, there are

things that can be done without it ~ until it is restored.  I am not going to be labelled 

useless when things go wrong "no sir" you will see me getting Started ~ like a pioneer!

Sark the other day were to be cut off from their electricity supply!

Wow ~ I would rise to that challenge!   "When things get tough the tough get going"

I won't be "throwing my toys out of the pram"  no one would want this to happen

I am quite sure. 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 121 of 715

Tony5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Okay this is now officially ridicolous, its now been over 7 hours since this has started and its still not back up and running!  Is there any chance you guys will get the network back up and running this side of Christmas day??  This is appalling.

Message 122 of 715

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

The current information we have been given is that it is a global issue within the MSP Ericsson, and its a software issue, in the core 4G network stack, which is affecting o2 and Softbank (JP) along with many others.

This happens now and then, now why Ericsson cant roll back the change is another question.

IT isnt easy to fix sometimes, and people need to remember Wifi and Landlines are still available and they need to let people fix the issue. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 124 of 715

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ewanrw wrote:

Divide your monthly cost by 31, then 24, then multiply by 5 to work out the 50p you're due wink

Cracking!!

Message 125 of 715

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
-20% vat so 40p credit lol
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 126 of 715

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Customers need to keep rebooting their phone to get network services back once the issue has been resolved.

Message 127 of 715

Mido
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Agree they didn’t bother sending us an sms got to work then I realised I don’t have internet which is the last thing to expect I’m not making a penny today what a waste of time good next time this happens I’m out
Message 128 of 715

Adams
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It might not be a lot for every individual, but if it costs O2 50p per client, that's a total of circa £13m

Message 129 of 715

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I'd rather my 50p was invested into infrastructure improvements tbh.
Message 130 of 715