Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Later.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 71 of 715

Steve1234567890
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I spoke too soon earlier. My service came back briefly but now it's gone again.
Message 72 of 715

moonlisa16
Level 3: Thinker
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great now its gone off again!!! 

Message 73 of 715

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Indeed there is a clause in the T&C's stating coverage is not always guaranteed. The usual response of "I can't get in contact with x" or "I reckon I've lost an unquantifiable amount of money in this exact period..."  and "sort it out....or I'm off to another network unless I get compensation" is understandably annoying but it does make you think on what your backup plans are and what you need to do to mitigate it next time. 

BTW as a possible solution you can get a free SIP (VOIP) landline number and with a suitable app, just pay for outgoing calls as and when you use it (no line rental). That works over wifi or data so on one hand, if you have access to wifi, you'll be able to make contact with someone or vice versa. Same with dual sim phones, spare phones etc, the solutions are there with a little research and in all honesty, its not expensive especially as most people have old phones in drawers. 

Yes, I have data issues this morning but I have a backup SIP number, a landline number plus a PAYG sim on another network since I work from home and the nearest office is 60+ miles away. And if you think thats excessive, I also have 3x ways of accessing the internet (4G & landline). As experience has shown, being overprepared is better than being hit by that other unforseen event: a long powercut!

Message 74 of 715

Pradeep009
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This Network issues thing should have been informed to the Customers .

Yes these things happened suddenly and its all about how the O2 is reacting to this disaster. There is no communication at all and we dont know what is happening in the backround.

Not happy at all 

Regards,

Pradeep 

Message 75 of 715

annalea
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You need to tell me what is happening to resolve this issue i have no service i cannot ring out i cannot recieve phone calls in or texts , im not bothered about the internet not working i dont need that at the moment  !

i am 31weeks pregnant and i am trying to contact my midwife team to arrange an emergency home appoitment but i cannot ring out i cannot leave my property due to being on bedrest how do you plan on resolving this ?

Message 76 of 715

Ferretti
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

All these 'you can make calls another way' mails from self satisfied customers is all well and good, albeit impractical in my case, but it doesn't tell me how I'm supposed to get around the fact I am also unable to receive calls, which will doubtless annoy my customers. This in turn may very well lose me money, both today and in the long term, so please excuse me being a little upset. 

Message 77 of 715

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Pradeep009 wrote:

This Network issues thing should have been informed to the Customers .

Yes these things happened suddenly and its all about how the O2 is reacting to this disaster. There is no communication at all and we dont know what is happening in the backround.

Not happy at all 

Regards,

Pradeep 

Just to re-iterate: https://status.o2.co.uk

Thread started at 8am when the Community Managers were informed and are updating when they have news.

Which is exactly what the BBC is reporting a few mins ago: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46464730

You won't find out whats happening to resolve it because the worse thing that can happen is people release information that can be miscontrued and twisted thus causing a far bigger problem of mis-information. In these cases, hourly updates or 4 hourly updates are quite normal depending on the SLA. 

Message 78 of 715

Ladylu505
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How does everyone get another sim on another network? I only have one handset and it's locked so I can't put a SIM from another network in there. I suppose I could pay to get it unlocked but doesn't that void the warranty or something?
Message 79 of 715

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ladylu505 wrote:
How does everyone get another sim on another network? I only have one handset and it's locked so I can't put a SIM from another network in there. I suppose I could pay to get it unlocked but doesn't that void the warranty or something?

O2 will unlock for free and your warranty will be intact!

Message 80 of 715