Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

Kingdong
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Was for all of 5 minutes. Back off again.
Message 61 of 715

Steve1234567890
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You can make calls and send messages using WhatsApp. But anyway I think O2 network is back up now.

Message 62 of 715

Mumof3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Steve1234567890 only if the other person has wifi
Message 63 of 715

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@moonlisa16

My comments were not directed at any individual who has posted on here, so I take offence at your comments about my nature as a person.  You do not know me!!! I have plenty of empathy for people, and agree that this morning has proved stressful for people. My point was to lighten the mood and remind people that there are ways around this issue, that I'm sure O2 are doing all they can, and also to remind people that these are user forums, NOT customer service. We are all O2 customers too, and are in the exact same situation everyone else is.

If you have an issue with O2 themselves, contact customer service.

Thanks

Steve
Message 64 of 715

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Ladylu505 wrote:
Is there any way to make calls or send texts over WiFi? I know there used to be a a TuGo app, does that still exist?

No Tugo has gone @Ladylu505, Replaced with WiFi calling. Though you need a handset compatible with that.

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

@Ladylu505  If you have WhatsApp I believe you can make wifi calls through that

Thanks

Steve
Message 65 of 715

LeftwardSalmon
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Gutted as this is affecting not only my personal mobile but also my work one.  Thankfully I've got signal to call/text on my work phone, but I've got nothing on my personal mobile. Does anyone know why it's affecting mobile signal as well?

Message 66 of 715

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's astounding. People expecting a text from a already struggling network about an outage. And what does that achieve? ... further strain on the network. 

And as for the me me me brigade. We're all suffering and yet you come on here shouting about 'your' problems, but then have the audacity to accuse others of showing a lack of empathy!  

Have a good day folks! 

PS. When your service does return, why not come back and tell us how the outage affected you? (Preferably without all the huffing and puffing) 

Message 67 of 715

Smudge183
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Can you give us a rough time frame of when this issue will be fixed?
Message 68 of 715

AndriusDo
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

They have no clue...

Message 69 of 715

TAP1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yes no service when will be resumed please 02