Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

Ladylu505
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I can't text or call either, my phone says emergency calls only
Message 21 of 715

moonlisa16
Level 3: Thinker
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

Service as just come back on!!!!!

I would like to know if we are being refunded for the hrs lost, due to this error... 

Message 22 of 715

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@moonlisa16 wrote:

Hi 

Service as just come back on!!!!!

I would like to know if we are being refunded for the hrs lost, due to this error... 

It's coming back slowly and No, I doubt anyone will be compensated. Networks can't guarantee coverage 100% of the time.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 715

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@LH  Texts are fine. Maybe not in your area?

Location services are working too cos my phone knew I was in Sainsbury's earlier

Still no data tho.

O2 should send out texts to customers though.  They should be doing all they can to inform customers.

Thanks

Steve
Message 24 of 715

HougaAllst
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been without network and calls from 5:45am. It is now 9:05am... thats three and a half hours. My son has been ill over the last four days and today is the first day he has gone to the childminder. Me and the mum are both on o2 and can now NOT be contacted by the childminder if my son's health deteriorates again. I am absolutely disgusted.

I know these things can happen but it's no excuse, just really really poor service altogether. I am at work now so there is no Wifi to help my phone connect so I am literally worrying about if everything is OK with him.

Feel extremely let down.

Message 25 of 715

Mac0683
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Emilie,

Like other o2 customers who are experiencing 'No Mobile Data' this morning, why has there not been any message or communication from o2 to explain what has caused this?

I like others, pay my bill every month and don't expect to not be able to use a service that I'm paying for. It would be like paying a heating bill, but not having that heating for a period of time. I understand that technical faults can occur, but if they do inform your loyal customers of this. Not just a message that says 'no mobile data in your location'. When from what I've been reading it's not my location, but a much bigger and widder spread issue withe the 02 network.

At the end of the day, all we the customer want to know is a) what is the problem b) what has caused it c) when will it be fixed d) what remuneration will the customer recieve for this lose in service.

Message 26 of 715

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

We used to be able to piggy back on another network. Maybe the network providers need to have a deal whereby customers can piggy back off other networks when these things happen.

Thanks

Steve
Message 27 of 715

MarshallT
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am still unable to call, text or message on either 4g, 3g or even 2g and doesn't work even if I use wifi.
Message 28 of 715

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@HougaAllst wrote:

I have been without network and calls from 5:45am. It is now 9:05am... thats three and a half hours. My son has been ill over the last four days and today is the first day he has gone to the childminder. Me and the mum are both on o2 and can now NOT be contacted by the childminder if my son's health deteriorates again. I am absolutely disgusted.

I know these things can happen but it's no excuse, just really really poor service altogether. I am at work now so there is no Wifi to help my phone connect so I am literally worrying about if everything is OK with him.

Feel extremely let down.

The service is slowly being restored. Mine is back on. If you want to ring the childminder then borrow a phone or use a landline ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 715

Tony5
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I still have no data connection on my phone and I am still waiting, this isn't really the good service that I should expect from O2

Message 30 of 715