Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 4th October 2018

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Good evening all.

As some of you will have seen or potentially experienced yourselves, some customers may have experienced issues using their mobile earlier today.

This was fixed within 40 minutes, but some customers may experience intermittent issues reconnecting to the network. We’re investigating what happened and we're truly sorry for any inconvenience caused.

PS. If you're continuing to experience issues, please do a full reboot of your phone (not a reset, just a reboot of your phone)

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Really? I'd have never known.Whistle

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:

Good evening all.

As some of you will have seen or potentially seen yourselves, some customers may have experienced issues using their mobile earlier today.

This was fixed within 40 minutes, but some customers may experience intermittent issues reconnecting to the network. We’re investigating what happened and we're truly sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I think it was longer than that @Chris_K Some people claimed problems from 3pm. I am not back on yet by the way..(even after a reboot)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 19

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Chris_K wrote:

Good evening all.

As some of you will have seen or potentially seen yourselves, some customers may have experienced issues using their mobile earlier today.

I think it was longer than that @Chris_K Some people claimed problems from 3pm. I am not back on yet by the way..(even after a reboot)

Mine too. Still hit and miss for outgoing calls.

Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

CBA - let me know when it’s over..

(you know where I’ll be)

Message 5 of 19

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Shame this wasn't posted by @Chris_K when the outage began and O2 were well aware of it.....

#justsayin'

Message 6 of 19

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
My stepdad got back on after an airplane on and off cycle on his iPhone

I was not affected
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 19

Moo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Actually the problem started on the 2nd October, as I was in the middle of paying my bill for O2. 

The account did not verify that payment had been made, the screen just 'hung'.  Therefore I paid again - in fact I tried topay the bill 4 times.  However, THIS IS WHERE IT GETS GOOD. 

O2s automated system took each of the 4 payments from my bank account, but did not verify that the payment had been made.  So I tried to speak to the chat room and they were useless as always.

So I phoned my bank who cancelled three of the payments.

However, O2s system does not recognise that I have made payment and are now chasing payment to be made (!).

Payment was made, on time and in full, but it looks like their system has yet to draw down the funds.

But trying to speak to them is a nightmare, as they are too busy........yet I am still being chased for a payment that has already been paid!

Message 8 of 19

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2's payment systems have been temperamental for a good couple of years. Nothing to do with today's problem alas though it has to be said that O2 need to invest a little more of their fat profits into their systems and infrastructure. Forget the CEO's outrageous salary and the shareholders and concentrate more on the customer support.

Message 9 of 19

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

I wasn’t affected today, but I do feel for those that were as some people do rely on mobiles now.  

Does any any one know what actually caused the outage. I know that they are investigating it, but wondered if any one was saying anything.

very strange indeed

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 10 of 19