cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Community Rewards Programme Information

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are really proud of our community. You put your time, sweat, efforts and knowledge at the service of others, throughout the day, every day. And you do it out of the kindness of your hearts.

We’ve been busy in the background working hard on several projects, you’ll see quite a few things happen in the next months. The one thing we thought we needed to do first was say Thank You.

So, welcome to the O2 Community Rewards! From the 1st August 2013, you can get a thank you token for participating in the community. Every month.

Here is how it works:  each month, your activity in the forum will earn you rewards points. Points are calculated by using a super secret algorithm that has been devised by monitoring members’ behaviour over the past months. Once you reach a certain amount of points, you will qualify for a reward. We have 4 different levels of rewards – Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze. Every month points will reset and you will be able to try to qualify for another reward.

Rewards will vary from month to month – watch out every month for an announcement.

What do you need to do to join the programme? Absolutely nothing. All registered members are automatically entered. The more you participate in the community, the more points you will earn increasing your chances to qualify for a reward.

The Terms & Conditions will give you the full details of the programme, please read them carefully and feel free to ask any questions you might have slight_smile

Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha. We'll announce the August rewards very soon, then you can judge whether they're weak of not wink

We've been working on this for quite a while to ensure that we could launch a fair, balanced and sustainable programme and now we have a plan that will get better and better not just in the next few months but over time. Feedback is obviously paramount to adjust and improve, please keep it coming.

Message 21 of 67

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Hopefully the changes will refresh and revitalise the community. I'm intrigued as to how things will progress under a rewards scheme. To be totally honest, I and many others have gladly given up time to help out on here with no thoughts of being rwarded for it. Appreciation is all we have ever asked.

Message 22 of 67

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
........ and now we have a plan that will get better and better not just in the next few months but over time.

Just like On and On Smiley Very Happy

Message 23 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Hopefully the changes will refresh and revitalise the community. I'm intrigued as to how things will progress under a rewards scheme. To be totally honest, I and many others have gladly given up time to help out on here with no thoughts of being rwarded for it. Appreciation is all we have ever asked.

Absolutely. It's a fine line, though, when it's perceived as a thank you (that is not offensive) or otherwise.

Message 24 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:
Just like On and On Smiley Very Happy

It took me a fair amount of time to get things together to be On and On tongue

Message 25 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

^^ This.

slight_smile

Message 26 of 67

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

confusion over a reply @chiara only posts from 1st Aug 2013 will count and no previous input?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 27 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamtemp64 wrote:

@Anonymous over a reply @Anonymous only posts from 1st Aug 2013 will count and no previous input?

Absolutely. The programme kicks off as of 0:00 1st August 2013. No previous activity counts against the programme, it's not linked to ranks or registration date, every registered member is included*. Please refer to the T&Cs for the details and feel free to ask any question you might have.

*O2 employees, please PM me to discuss.

Message 28 of 67

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

The previous comment about backdating 4 years was very tongue-in-cheek Adam:smileywink:

Good to know that everyone has the same opportunity and start on equal footing.

Message 29 of 67

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Taking a leaf out of the GiffGaff payback ethos wink

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 30 of 67