cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Community Rewards Programme Information

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are really proud of our community. You put your time, sweat, efforts and knowledge at the service of others, throughout the day, every day. And you do it out of the kindness of your hearts.

We’ve been busy in the background working hard on several projects, you’ll see quite a few things happen in the next months. The one thing we thought we needed to do first was say Thank You.

So, welcome to the O2 Community Rewards! From the 1st August 2013, you can get a thank you token for participating in the community. Every month.

Here is how it works:  each month, your activity in the forum will earn you rewards points. Points are calculated by using a super secret algorithm that has been devised by monitoring members’ behaviour over the past months. Once you reach a certain amount of points, you will qualify for a reward. We have 4 different levels of rewards – Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze. Every month points will reset and you will be able to try to qualify for another reward.

Rewards will vary from month to month – watch out every month for an announcement.

What do you need to do to join the programme? Absolutely nothing. All registered members are automatically entered. The more you participate in the community, the more points you will earn increasing your chances to qualify for a reward.

The Terms & Conditions will give you the full details of the programme, please read them carefully and feel free to ask any questions you might have slight_smile

Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

CJT80
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Chiara

As a new member to the O2 Community this sounds like an excellent idea. I am sure you have the necessary "algorithms" in place to avoid cheating. I look forward to finding out more when the program starts.
Message 31 of 67

CJT80
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
aldaweb

Well GG is "powered" by O2.. so make of that what you will 😛
Message 32 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
So sorry I missed your post, CJT80! We have plenty of human algorithms ( 😛 ) in place to spot cheating and remove points. The programme is already live, it started on the 1st August.
Message 33 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its a good idea the rewards system i expect to see the usual suspects like perksie and jonsie on the prize list each month slight_smile

Message 34 of 67

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Its a good idea the rewards system i expect to see the usual suspects like perksie and jonsie on the prize list each month slight_smile

No Chiara isn't likely to let that happen and I'm sure any prizes will be spread amongst all the contributors.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 35 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you are amazing every month, you'll be rewarded every month. I won't stop that 🙂

The good thing about the initiative is that there isn't a limit (there'll be times when we'll have limited top prizes, but I will clearly state that before the beginning of the month). It's all down to you, we could have 10 winners or 100. If you are a great community member you will get rewarded 🙂
Message 36 of 67

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Thanks for clearing that up! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 37 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
No prob! 🙂
Message 38 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

What are the prizes people get?

Message 39 of 67

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Take a look here Steve:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-Community-Rewards-September-Top-Contributors/m-p/540174...

Message 40 of 67