cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Community Rewards Programme Information

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are really proud of our community. You put your time, sweat, efforts and knowledge at the service of others, throughout the day, every day. And you do it out of the kindness of your hearts.

We’ve been busy in the background working hard on several projects, you’ll see quite a few things happen in the next months. The one thing we thought we needed to do first was say Thank You.

So, welcome to the O2 Community Rewards! From the 1st August 2013, you can get a thank you token for participating in the community. Every month.

Here is how it works:  each month, your activity in the forum will earn you rewards points. Points are calculated by using a super secret algorithm that has been devised by monitoring members’ behaviour over the past months. Once you reach a certain amount of points, you will qualify for a reward. We have 4 different levels of rewards – Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze. Every month points will reset and you will be able to try to qualify for another reward.

Rewards will vary from month to month – watch out every month for an announcement.

What do you need to do to join the programme? Absolutely nothing. All registered members are automatically entered. The more you participate in the community, the more points you will earn increasing your chances to qualify for a reward.

The Terms & Conditions will give you the full details of the programme, please read them carefully and feel free to ask any questions you might have slight_smile

Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I feel this may be a bit late in being bought to our attention as so many of the top contributors have left.

But Look forward to seeing what the prizes will be

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 67

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

Are employees excluded from this? slight_smile

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 3 of 67

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

So points make prizes!! tongue

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 67

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok so points makes prizes, and will that be based on the amount each member posts? If so then really that would not be fair as some have a high post count.
Message 6 of 67

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

...and obviously backdated four years!:smileytongue:

or even 5 mid august for me lol

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rycal Discussing this now wink

@Persie and Jonsie Yes, of course tongue

@silverlady Absolutely not, post count is not the predominant factor in the algorithm. 

Message 8 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

Be nice if we had an opt out option, some people like myself are just not interested in rubbish novelty ideas to try & drum up more posts on the forum.

The rank system on here is already pointless enough & now your bringing in a reward system to.

Dont bother sending me a PM as it will just get binned unread ( as you cant block staff PM's in the settings, I know as ive tried Smiley Mad ) any reply from staff stick it in the thread for all to see.

Message 9 of 67

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rycal Discussing this now wink

I think I deserve a prize slight_smile

Other than the hoodie of course tongue

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 10 of 67