Did you mean: 

O2 Community Rewards: March 2015

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a magnificent March and are all ready for a great Easter weekend slight_smile

As always, we reward members who get involved here on the community in a number of ways. You're the reason we are here and why this community is so great. 

Rewarded members and your reward band is below. Send me a PM with your O2 number that you want the reward to be attached to.

Charity donation update: We are still working on this, and one way we are investigating how to add this feature is too look at how O2 Think Big involves charities and if we can apply any aspects to here.

Be aware guys that due to the Easter Weekend, rewards will take longer to arrive.  

You all rock slight_smile

BAND 1 - £50 credit/pay monthly discount

MI5 

BAND 2 - £20 credit/pay monthly discount

jonsie

Cleoriff

BAND 3 - £10 credit/pay monthly discount

Viridis

Piperdog123

rosadosc

Bambino

Fellwalker - Nomination Winner!

BAND 4 - £5 credit/pay monthly discount

lovemyphone

Telephone_User

childofkorn

redtitbit

Poppysmum

perksie

BAND 5 - £2.50 credit/pay monthly discount

Cairdeas

djbsuffolk

distantdave

durhamdad

gindygoo

Wispared7

cyrillicguy

Beenherebefore

As many of you know, I asked for members to send me your nominations for the best help/guide/review post for us to reward. We received lots of lovely words about others from you all and the clear winner was @Fellwalker for this fantastic Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review. Give it a read!

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-4-review-TryThe-Tech/m-p/86218...

Well done Fellwalker! 

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Might make things easier to use the forum for new people @Anonymous

We'll look into it slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 11 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks @Toby
Message 12 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Toby greatly appreciated.

Message 13 of 40

Fellwalker
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

When I first read your comment, I wondered whether this was some new battery technology that you were BETA testing, or a reference to Lithium being a poison.  But no, you meant the forum software. 

I didn't find it difficult as such.  However, I'd not use the word enjoyed when referring to Lithium, it began with a slightly later letter.

In particular, the method of attaching a photo using the Gallery was dreadful.  I made the mistake of uploading the images I wanted to my gallery first, then trying to pick them, and finding they had been shuffled, and I could only see 4 at once.  When I had 12 pages of them, and after each insertion, the chooser went back to the begining, frustrating is the word that came to mind.  In the end, I gave up on that and uploaded them individually as and when I wanted to put an image into the text.  Thank goodness for FTTC and 9 Mbps upload speed.

For the future I think I might host images externally, and prepare any complex posting in an HTML editor offline before uploading.

Frustration

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 14 of 40

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Well done everyone.  Thank you @Toby and team,  and congrats @Fellwalker wink x

giphy-3
Message 15 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you to Toby & the team ..... & congrats to all slight_smile

Message 16 of 40

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @Toby and the team. Well done everyone. Great review @Fellwalker wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 40

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I agree a guide on using some forum features would be a bonus. When I did my 'Technophobe Review of the Note 3' I had problems.

I know how to write a review and upload pictures etc.....but I did mine in stages directly to the forum (not using Word) and had to contact Toby to make sure what I had written would be saved in draft format ready for me to go back to. I worried that if I left it...it would disappear...:smileywink:..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 40

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Thank you Toby and team especially those who have sent me idiots guides about my phone Bouncy

Message 19 of 40

Fellwalker
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Cleoriff wrote: ... to make sure what I had written would be saved in draft format ready for me to go back to. I worried that if I left it...it would disappear...:smileywink:..

I was concerned, so would copy it every so often.  Mind you, if you use Firefox I can heartily recommend an add-on called Lazarus:Form Recovery.  It has saved my bacon a few times.  If you leave a page by mistake, or the browser crashes or whatever, then when you return to a page with a form, you can ask Lazarus to fill in the last it remembers you typing.  Usually it gets everything.

In terms of copying and pasting, I also use Ditto which is a windows program.  It creates a semi permanent clipboard, so you can copy several things and paste them back at a later date.  You can also clear it out in case someone else wants to use your PC and you don't want them getting your passwords.  Ditto on sourceforge

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 20 of 40