cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 4G is 1!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

Wow, the last 12 months since we released our O2 4G have gone so fast!

It’s a year since we switched on 4G, since that day we have launched 4G in over 240 towns and cities across the UK from North of Scotland to sunny Bournemouth and then across the Irish Sea to Lisburn and Belfast!

Some of the stats for 4G are incredible, here are some of the headline figures;

- Almost a fifth of all mobile data used by O2 customers is on 4G

- The data equivalent of eight million hours’ worth of HD video has been used over O2 4G in the last twelve months

- More than double the amount of customers have taken up O2 4G in the first year on O2 compared the first year of O2 3G

- A total of 5,400 Terabytes of 4G data has been carried since launch

We know that whilst this is all fantastic, there’s a lot more that’s to come and many places that are still to come, that being said customers with a 4G ready device will be able to take advantage of O2 4G today in Uckfield and Southend for the very first time!

We are currently going through our largest ever network modernisation programme, that includes 2G, 3G and 4G.

Here’s some more information from some of our recent network launches-

http://news.o2.co.uk/2014/08/19/our-newest-4g-areas-uncovered/

Here’s what Derek McManus COO of Telefonica UK has said-

We have spent the past year rolling out our 4G network so we can connect customers to the products and services they are passionate about in today’s digital age. It’s been the fastest build of any new network in our history – just one year after launching 3G we had reached 16% of the UK population and, in the same timeframe, we already reach over 45% of the UK population with 4G.

“Our £1.5 billion investment in our network over the next three years will mean we will help the UK to become a truly connected nation. As well as continuing to bring 4G to even more places, we are upgrading our 2G and 3G services until we cover 98% of the UK population indoors by 2017.”

More details on 4G being 1 year old can be found here http://news.o2.co.uk/?press-release=o2-4g-carries-the-equivalent-of-eight-million-hours-of-hd-video-...

With all this being said, we want to know what you guys think, how have you found O2 4G so far? What devices are you using 4G on?

Let us know what you think, we’d like to hear your thoughts!

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
4g @Brad? You are having a laugh. Here in the South West 3g is virtually non existent let alone 4g. Most of the area i love and visit is either 2g or no signal at all.

With mast congestion this is becoming a very serious and contentious issue. Where there is 3g on the South West it rarely works as although h+ is on screen there is no capacity so can't be used.

As for roll out lists o2 will have a schedule of where and when so why not share it? Three have.

In relation to your CEO Derek McManus i challenged him in The Blue on o2s website about the list and despite several requests o2 social media did everything they could to avoid answering the question and then blocked me from asking questions on the thread.

Is this how o2 top brass see customers?

I suspect you won't answer every point either.
Message 11 of 13

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous  I've had 4G since the launch living and working in London and there has been a marked drop in speeds to below 3G speeds since the number of subscribers has increased indicating O2 need to do a lot of work to alleviate the congestion and improve the backhaul network.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Snap @aldaweb I'm in London too and experience the same very poor you would have thought that O2 would have though ahead about the number of subscribers it doesn't help when they give it free now as well
Message 13 of 13