Did you mean: 

Nougat, coming soon to Samsung S7 & S7 edge

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi Guys,

As some will have already seen, the Android Nougat update will soon become IS NOW available for Samsung S7 devices that were bought from O2. I wanted to create this official update thread to help keep all discussions in the one place and help others more easily find the information they're looking for.

unnamed.pngsamsung_galaxys7_heroCard_foreground.png

When, Chris, WHEN?!?!
We sent our approved update to Samsung last week and we're expecting the update to go live very soon - hopefully over the next few days. See the 20th Feb update down below!

What can I do to pass the time?
While you're waiting, here's some of the awesome Nougat features & changes you can expect to see on your S7, very soon:
http://news.o2.co.uk/2017/01/27/nougat-coming-soon-samsung-s7/

What next?
Once you've got the update available, be sure to create a backup (better to be safe than sorry!) and then jump right in. Please do let us know how you get on, if you encounter any issues, and what features/changes you like or dislike.

20th February Update

Hello all you Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 edge folks.

Firstly, thanks for everyones patience. We had hoped for this to be available a couple of weeks ago but unfortunately due to some unforeseen delays, our update was pushed back a little. But we're pleased to confirm that as of today the update should now be available.

I'm installing it on my own S7 edge right this very moment. If you'll be installing Nougat on your S7 device, please do let us know how you get on and what your fave new changes or features are.

Some notes:
- It's a 1GB+ download so make sure you download over a strong Wifi connection
- Major updates such as this can take a while to install, so don't fret if it takes 30-60min+
- We'd always recommend to install on a full charge
- Always back up your data before installing updates. Though we don't expect you'll have any issues, it's better to be safe than sorry
- If you use old games/apps that haven't been updated for Nougat compatibility, you may find these have reduced functionality, may crash, or may not work at all

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 160
159 REPLIES 159

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still nothing.Maybe flashing BTU the way to go
Message 71 of 160

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Looking on Sammobile, BTU is the only update released so far... So if you can't wait any longer it looks like the way to go.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 72 of 160

PhilLFC85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 30 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
All done and went perfectly took 4 minutes now running nougat perfectly without tripping the knox or anything thanks for the help guys
Message 73 of 160

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Good to hear mate - let us know what you think after playing with it for a while.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 74 of 160

PhilLFC85
  • 30 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Its bloody strange settings arw completly different i need to hit youtube i think for disable background data for apps etc as i have no idea where to find it haha. Not happy about noy being able to disable or remove samsung pay though
Message 75 of 160

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You won't - it's the same with Apple pay, it's all built in and an integral part of the firmware.

Currently using:
Message 76 of 160

PhilLFC85
  • 30 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Package disabler pro miggt get rid of it will have to check once ive optimised everything
Message 77 of 160

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I've not used it but as it's linked to Knox I'd be careful about messing with it.

Currently using:
Message 78 of 160

PhilLFC85
  • 30 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Good point, i have a lot of things to look into with this settings are very different compated to marshmellow very very different
Message 79 of 160

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to hear it went ok buddy! Enjoy!

Message 80 of 160