Did you mean: 

Nougat, coming soon to OnePlus 3 & 3T

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey Guys,

If you have a OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 3T, we've got some fantastic news to share with you. The brand new and fantastic Nougat update is coming soon. Very soon. Like, before the weekend sort of soon.

How great is that? Here's some of what you can look forward to:
- New Notifications Design
- New Settings Menu Design
- Multi-Window View
- Notification Direct Reply
- Improved Shelf Customisation
- Fixed Proximity Sensor bug during calls
- Fixed Google Play Store download bug
- Increased System Stability

Got a OnePlus 3 or 3T? Let us know below what you're looking forward to most about the new update, and once you've installed it please do let us know how you get on and of course, feel free to share your thoughts on the new update.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It's still Android 7 though with oxygen tweaks.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 20

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
and it's Hydrogen if you buy the Chinese version wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
and it's Hydrogen if you buy the Chinese version wink

I thank god I am no geek...Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 20

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
Just to update my 3T 128Gb was updated Friday night slight_smile

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 14 of 20

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I got that update yesterday on the oneplus 3t. Can't really say what's different as just switched to android. But seems stable. No issues here.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 16 of 20

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

To be honest you wont see much change as mo st are under the hood so to speak. 

Android 7.0 supports roughly 250 new features. That's quite a lot! I would name a few as the most significant ones. Those that would require some updates on the dev side and those that would be noticed by users. Here’s a more detailed overview of Android update: Android 7.0 Nougat: Useful Features for Business Apps

1. Split-Screen Mode and Drag-and-Drop feature in multi-window view
    This is the most expected functionality. It can reduce the need for additional functionality in apps so that app creators can concentrate on the main functions. The majority of apps supports Split-screen mode by default. Others must be updated
  2. Notifications
    Notifications a getting even more handy. Moreover, they increase user retention and loyalty. Notifications can be customized in accordance to app design, they can be set up in groups, and users can make some actions within the notification interface.
  3. Additional Quick Settings Tiles
    Now users can add customized tiles to the Quick Settings menu. It gives users access to key controls and actions in the app.
  4. File System Permission Changes
    Improved security prevents illegal access to private files. In android Nougat an app will crash after an attempt to share or send a file from a private directory. To avoid this, apps must be updated.
  5. Changing a Display Size
    Earlier users could increase font size, now the could increase the whole screen including icons, buttons, and other controls. Some apps will need to be updated.
  6. Limited Internet Traffic with Data Saver
    As for me, this is one of the most obvious functions. Even strange it wasn't available before. with Data Saver mode it is forbidden to send network requests to all apps working in background mode.
  7. Emoji
    Well, users love them. now there are 1500 emoji in Android 7.0.
  8. Source: https://www.quora.com/What-is-new-in-Android-Nougat
Message 17 of 20

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The Oxygen update provided a couple of subtle changes to the interface and functionality.  The one I was waiting for which was much needed is the ability to SMS text contact groups, which wasn't available before.

The phone could do with a couple of other improvements:

* Vibration alerts are quite weak and quick. It is very easy to miss notifications if the phone is your pocket.  I've had to download a 3rd party app to increase the intensity and length of my notifications.

* The stock music app has very little options (no playlsts for one), and I've never been a fan of the Google Play Music app.  Stock music apps in Samsungs and HTCs (well, before they ditched their music app with HTC 10) are very good.

Thanks

Steve
Message 18 of 20

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
A goog option is groove music from microsoft. works great on my one plus 3t and my playlists etc all synced over. you also dont need to put the music on your phone, as it will stream your files form onedrive.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 19 of 20

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Curr946

Thanks, I'll look it up

Thanks

Steve
Message 20 of 20