Did you mean: 

Nokia lumia 920 coming soon!

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Exciting times for consumers who have been waiting eagerly for this bad boy!

Needless to say, it's fully loaded with features powered by Windows Phone 8 software (highlighted a few below):

1. PureMotion HD+ displayThe PureMotion HD+ display is the world’s brightest, clearest, fastest touchscreen, giving the Lumia 920 superior video quality and a touchscreen which responds to your fingertips, even when they're covered up.

2. Innovative Camera and Video FeaturesThe 8 megapixel camera with PureView technology takes blur-free photos every time. Plus, with Optical Image Stabilisation and a Carl Zeiss lens, you can capture blur-free videos even if the camera's shaking or in low light. 3 HAAC (high-amplitude audio capture) lets you record sounds at high amplitudes, up to 140 decibels.

3. Charge up without plugging inWith built in Wireless Charging, you don’t need to plug your Nokia Lumia 920 in to charge it. Just put it on a wireless charger and you’re good to go*. *Wireless Charging plates sold separately.

4. Sync your Office with your Smartphone: The Lumia 920 comes with the full versions of Microsoft Office and Outlook built in. Sync with your laptop, and you can create and edit PowerPoint, Excel and Word documents on the go, then seamlessly pick them up when you’re back in the Office.

Customers can order one online from 1st March 2013 and it'll be available in Black colour.

Do you think this device from Nokia will outcast it's competitors? Which particular feature do you like the most? 

lumia 920

Thanks

Abs

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi stevieboy

i upgraded online and got the phone free on the £37 per month contract unlimited minutes and texts with 1gb of data(which never use due to wifi at home and sky and O2 hotspots). seems sllightly strange they couldn't offer you the same. Will be like a kid at Xmas waiting for it to be delivered tomorrow 

Message 31 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Danny.

They did offer the £37/month option like you've chosen, but for me that is way too much to be paying.. Though I'm jealous that you will get your phone tomorrow and I will have to wait a week or two, I'm glad I won't be paying as much! £37/month works out as £888 over 24 months. I'll be paying £28.50/month for the same on Orange (£684 over 24 months), so I'm happy with my choice.. Plus I get a free wireless charging plate with it on top!
Message 32 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cool glad you happy with your choice for me it's a reduction from an iPhone tariff nearly £50 per month so jumped at chance to reduce but would of liked the charging plate option.
Message 33 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Danny,

Would really love to hear what you think of the tiles & 920 in general. I've given it a quick test and it seems very intuitive. Would you mind doing us a favour and share your initial thoughts on it tomorrow? I'm sure many people can't wait to hear some first experiences.

Cheers!
Leonard
Message 34 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can already attest to the 920 being a great phone, as a colleague has one. I upgraded my current Windows Phone to 7.8 recently and was pleased with the new tiles. There are a lot of things that make the 920 stand out, such as wireless charging, high performance camera, big bright screen. I've been looking forward to owning one for months!
Message 35 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yea, I'm thinking of getting one as well. It does sound like a fantastic phone! Let us know how you get on as well, please, stevieboy
Message 36 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
My phones just arrived and is on charge as we speak!! I'll let you know what I think when I've had a play if you like?!
Message 37 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yea, that'd be fantastic janieface! Feel free to add it here or start a new thread, specifically for Lumia 920 reviews.

Very much looking forward to it, but probably not as much as you grin
Message 38 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK!

Sorry I didn't post straight away but wanted to get to know my new toy before I commented.

so...... I love it!

Yes, it's a big phone, but it still fits in my pocket! The windows 8 OS is great! Really quick and I feel like I can personalise my phone much better now with the bigger screen! The kids corner idea is excellent! I can put all my games there for the kids and they can't access any important stuff on the phone - a real godsend!!!

The camera is awesome, with fantastic detail when I'm using the close up macro setting. This is a big thing for me as I always felt the camera on my Lumia 800 wasn't brilliant.

For everyone who was sad that it only came in black (like I was!!), I've been able to bet a nice official Nokia silicon cover in red to brighten it up and protect it! (Only £7!!)

So.... don't put it off - get one!!

🙂

Message 39 of 40

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Great post janieface!

I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks too if they have some thoughts slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 40 of 40