Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 930 - The day is upon us!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

With so many of you looking forward to what some consider to be the phone of the year, we thought a dedicated thread was a good idea to ensure everyone gets the information they need or are looking for – especially since a lot has happened on the existing 630/635/930 thread here.

When’s the 930 launching?
It will be available for purchase online and over the phone from Thursday 17th July & in-store 18th July

Want to order online? Head here from tomorrow morning

I’ve heard about an accessory pack?
You have indeed! When you purchase a new Lumia 930 from us, it will come with a leaflet containing further details on claiming your free wireless kit worth £130 which includes a wireless charger, wireless speaker and a £20 voucher

The 930 will come with the 8.1 software, right?

Absolutely – The 630, 635 and 930 are the only Lumia devices that ship with the latest 8.1 software pre-installed

Will the 930 have Cortana?

It will, but unfortunately not from launch. Currently the feature has only been enabled within the US but Microsoft are working to bring the feature to the UK and other markets by the end of the year. We don’t have dates yet, but we expect this will happen sometime in Q4.

Will the 930 have the VVM feature?

Like above, it will, but not from launch. If you would like some further info on the VVM feature, see this thread. The VVM feature won’t be enabled for the 930’s launch as it requires a small update (which we’ve incorporated into upcoming 8.1 updates for existing Lumias) for it to be enabled. The 930 will support this feature in the near future by means of a ‘maintenance release’ update. No ETA’s for this yet, but I’ll keep you updated.

Just Green or Black?
Some have asked about alternative colour options – while these do exist, we have taken the decision to stock the green and black versions. We’re sorry if you wanted a colour we’re not stocking – while this may change in the future, there are currently no plans to stock other colours.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Shame your colleagues on the twitter feed, dont read the forums, as just been told its not out for the foreseeable future, and to sign up for updates..

Will feed back the poor service / information provided by CS on twitter to Platinum team tomorrow..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 12

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

Shame your colleagues on the twitter feed, dont read the forums, as just been told its not out for the foreseeable future, and to sign up for updates..

Will feed back the poor service / information provided by CS on twitter to Platinum team tomorrow..

Sorry, unfortunately some of these details have only recently been finalised - Our other social media channels are all aligned to share this same info though. We know many customers have been looking to get their hands on the Lumia 930 but up until now even here on the community, we've been advising the device was coming soon.

I'm sorry we couldn't share these details sooner but I hope everything is covered above for you. If you need to know anything else please don't hesitate - let me know or drop me a PM.

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yay!!!

Thanks Chris_k.... You've been a star!

Can't wait for tomorrow!

😃
Message 4 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Hi Chris, 

I found out the official launch date from MS last week, however I wanted to confirm with yourselves that this was still the case. 

Looking forward to my call from CS tomorrow to do the upgrade slight_smile 

Andy

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 12

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Fancy the chance to win a WP 8.1 powered Lumia 930?
What sort of a question is that? Of course you do... Join us on Twitter (@O2) from 9am Friday 18th July where we'll be running a series of games. We'll choose a winner from each game who'll win a Lumia.

More info on the competition over here

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you upgrade or take out a contract on o2 through carphonewarehouse, you are able to choose the orange handset as well as the green and black versions.

I'm currently typing this on my shiny new orange Lumia 930 which I picked up from CPW yesterday wink
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had a quick look at the Nokia 930 in my local o2 shop and I must say this phone is awsome.Since the update to windows 8.1 it gives the phone a whole new look. Also had a look at the 1020 so needless to say I am between a rock and hard place which one do I go for?

Dessie

Message 8 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I have to say I'm quite impressed with the 930 too wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Chris_K bit unfortunate for those not on Twitter? ??
Message 10 of 12