Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 930, 630 & 635

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Here it is folks, the brand new Windows Phone powered by WP8.1. Cortana says “Hello” too!

What’s this all about then? The new WP8.1 software is a big step forward and makes Windows Phone even more powerful, with even more customisation, and an even better customer experience. All good! The biggest feature I’m sure many of you are looking forward to is the brand new ‘mobile assistant’. Her name is Cortana – Hello Halo gaming fans! 😉 Think of Cortana as the Siri to Windows Phone… Cortana has some very powerful capabilities that could make it “the” best mobile assistant out there.

Here’s more info on all the new Windows Phone 8.1 Features > http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/features-8-1

Now, say hi to the Nokia Lumia 930

1.png2.png3.png

Still reading? Awesome, sounds like you’re interested… And you should be! It’s coming soon and I have no confirmed release date, but it should make your Summer pretty awesome! Here’s some specs to peak your interest further, with full details here > https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/phones/nokia/lumia-930-black/

Display: 1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.0 inches (~441 ppi pixel density)
Memory: 2GB
CPU: Quad-core 2.2GHz
Storage: 32GB / no expandable storage
Battery: 2420mAh / 15.5hr Talk Time (3G) / 18 Day Standby
Camera: 20mp PureView back / 1.2mp front

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES 51

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@FredBloggs wrote:

Ok - thanks I appreciate that, but was looking for someone with an "O2 hat" to "sell me" the benefits of a WP on O2 -vs- a WP on Vodafone.  I ready to be convinced on the merits of O2.  Also, the staff in the stores just want to sell you an iPhone or a Galaxy 😞

For starters, I only post here on the O2 Community - you'd miss me if you went elsewhere.

Okay i'll be serious now - We're more heavily invested now than ever in improving our customers experience with us, whether it's when they pop into one of our shops, chat online, tweet us, or whenever using any of our products and services. My O2, TU Go, Priority offers, Refresh, Big Bundles - it's all built around what our customers say they want and what they need, and our offers like £1 lunches, free coffees etc are treats from us (and the likes of Pizza Hut, Caffe Nero etc) to say thanks for being a customer - and we'll continue treating you.

Like others have mentioned, O2 vs CPW will be something you'd need to decide on but with O2 vs other networks, we're 100% committed to our customers and i'll always do my bit and showcase that through our new device announcements and anything device/update related.

edit: Sorry you feel the store staff are pushing you towards particular devices - iPhones and the Galaxy S devices to generally tend to be the most popular handsets, and they may think/assume it's what you're after but that shouldn't be the case, and sorry it has felt that way. If you let them know your needs and preferences though, they should be accomodating for whatever device suits you - Blackberry, Windows Phone, 'feature phones' - whatever the case may be.

Message 21 of 52

FredBloggs
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 27 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Done! Cheers Chris - you've convinced me - especially as no-one at the Vodafone forums feels that passionately about their company, it's service and the customer experience.  I'll even settle for the 930 in Green now too!!!  My next challenge is when will it be released on O2?  Any thoughts on a firmer release date yet?

Message 22 of 52

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

I never like to give solid dates (I'm not saying I have one yet for the 930...) as unfortunately these can change regularly due to various reasons - often not within our control... Take the Sony Z2 & Galaxy S5 devices as an example of this. So I would hate to give a date for it to turn out to be a different one but you're definitely looking at a Summer blockbuster release date which we'll hopefully be able to confirm sometime soon.

I'm sure by this time next month you'll likely be sharing your thoughts on the new 930 device 😉

Message 23 of 52

FredBloggs
  • 27 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I hear you wink

Message 24 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable
I quite fancy the 930, new Nokia os looks sleek. Currently on galaxy s4. Just saw some clips of new Chris Pike film Jack Ryan, he has a Nokia and it looks awesome.
Message 25 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chris

It's so refreshing to have someone who's willing to give out some info!!  wink

I was just wondering.... do you know if O2 will be going with the pre-order offers for the Lumia 930 as advertised here please?  http://allaboutwindowsphone.com/flow/item/19645_Every_Lumia_930_sold_in_the_UK.php

If so, just tell me where to sign!!

slight_smile 

Message 26 of 52

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

I'm afraid it's not information we have yet, but keep checking the coming soon page for the device as it could be something that gets updated or added

Message 27 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chris.

Thanks for the info so far, could you explain why 02 are only stocking 2 colours? I took out a refresh contract mainly to upgrade when I wanted and was looking forward to the 930 in white or orange. As far as I can see most retailers are selling all 4 colours and none seem to be an exclusive for any networks...

Message 28 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hopefully with this news "Nokia Lumia 635 launches in July for £145, Cortana could be 'weeks' away" from http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/chat-with-cortana-for-145-as-nokia-lumia-635-launches-in-july/ O2 will have it to choose from soon. slight_smile
Message 29 of 52

FredBloggs
  • 27 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Chris.

Thanks for the info so far, could you explain why 02 are only stocking 2 colours? I took out a refresh contract mainly to upgrade when I wanted and was looking forward to the 930 in white or orange. As far as I can see most retailers are selling all 4 colours and none seem to be an exclusive for any networks...

Hmmm - that's quite a good point.  I too don't believe the colours are exclusive to any networks, so what's the decision behind O2 only stocking 2 out of the 4 colours?

Message 30 of 52