Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 930, 630 & 635

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Here it is folks, the brand new Windows Phone powered by WP8.1. Cortana says “Hello” too!

What’s this all about then? The new WP8.1 software is a big step forward and makes Windows Phone even more powerful, with even more customisation, and an even better customer experience. All good! The biggest feature I’m sure many of you are looking forward to is the brand new ‘mobile assistant’. Her name is Cortana – Hello Halo gaming fans! 😉 Think of Cortana as the Siri to Windows Phone… Cortana has some very powerful capabilities that could make it “the” best mobile assistant out there.

Here’s more info on all the new Windows Phone 8.1 Features > http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/features-8-1

Now, say hi to the Nokia Lumia 930

1.png2.png3.png

Still reading? Awesome, sounds like you’re interested… And you should be! It’s coming soon and I have no confirmed release date, but it should make your Summer pretty awesome! Here’s some specs to peak your interest further, with full details here > https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/phones/nokia/lumia-930-black/

Display: 1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.0 inches (~441 ppi pixel density)
Memory: 2GB
CPU: Quad-core 2.2GHz
Storage: 32GB / no expandable storage
Battery: 2420mAh / 15.5hr Talk Time (3G) / 18 Day Standby
Camera: 20mp PureView back / 1.2mp front

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES 51

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@FredBloggs wrote:

Cheers Chris!  It's great that I finally got an answer from someone who actually cares to look into the question properly.  Unfortunately, the answer isn't the one I was looking for as I was looking for it in orange.  Presumably, I'll need to get the handset from somewhere else 😞

It's never great seeing a customer having to go elsewhere but I know how much certain phone colours can mean to people and given we don't stock the particular colour you wanted, I can understand the frustration. I'm a fan of the green myself, but orange is an unusual and unique handset colour so I can see the appeal.

No matter what you decide on in the end, I hope you can get the specific device/colour you're after Fred

Message 11 of 52

FredBloggs
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 27 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hey Chris, don't worry you may not have lost a customer just yet... I see that Carphone Warehouse will be selling all 4 colours. What's the difference if i get the phone on an O2 contract from them? It's a new experience for me as I have always bought direct from networks before and not 3rd parties. Cheers.
Message 12 of 52

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

No difference to be honest. Same network and your bills are paid direct to O2. Many people upgrade through them and they are a recognised partner to O2.

Message 13 of 52

FredBloggs
  • 27 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok cool. So presumably they'll have the same O2 Refresh contracts too?
Message 14 of 52

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 15 of 52

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@FredBloggs wrote:
Hey Chris, don't worry you may not have lost a customer just yet... I see that Carphone Warehouse will be selling all 4 colours. What's the difference if i get the phone on an O2 contract from them? It's a new experience for me as I have always bought direct from networks before and not 3rd parties. Cheers.

Hi again Fred,

If you get a device on O2 via CPW, you'll still be on the O2 network and have access to the great services we have on offer such as Priority, TU Go etc, but for some queries or issues you may need to go through CPW rather than O2 directly - eg, handset repair/replacement, contract disputes etc

With regards to our unique O2 Refresh deals, those are specific only to O2 directly and aren't available elsewhere.

Couldn't tempt you to get the black one and colour it in with an orange marker could I? 😉 (please don't attempt this as it'll likely end in tears)

Message 16 of 52

FredBloggs
  • 27 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Chris

Thanks again for the responses.  The Refresh contract does look really attractive but then so too does the Orange version of the 930.  I may have to go back on my original constraint and go for the Green one from O2 direct so that I can get Refresh.  I've heard some horror stories about customer service from CPW, but then have also heard the same about O2.  I was with O2 previously but went to Vodafone a couple of years ago as support for WP was quite poor, but it looks as though there has been a change recently with more recent support for the WP platform and O2 specific apps, so perhaps its time to reconsider...?  But then again, I hear than Vodafone will be selling all 4 colours so maybe I shouldn't move as I can get the 930 I want with them... Oh.... decisions, decisions 😞

Is there anything you can mention that will help me decide whether I should go for a WP on O2 vs a WP on Vodafone?

Message 17 of 52

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Nowt wrong with CPW and you get an unlocked, sim free phone wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 52

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You need to research and go with the best option for you based on network coverage, cost and in your case, colour. As said, CPW are ok and the benefits are a sim free phone and usually price. Biggest drawback is that Refresh isn't available through independents. Billing though is normal and payments are made to O2 not CPW.

Message 19 of 52

FredBloggs
  • 27 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok - thanks I appreciate that, but was looking for someone with an "O2 hat" to "sell me" the benefits of a WP on O2 -vs- a WP on Vodafone.  I ready to be convinced on the merits of O2.  Also, the staff in the stores just want to sell you an iPhone or a Galaxy 😞

Message 20 of 52