Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 6 and Nexus 9 - Coming soon to O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

No doubt some of you will have seen last nights news, but for those who haven't - Sit down and feast your eyes on these two beauties:

193949_11_Shamu_Blue_Frt_R2.jpgCurrent_Nexus9_BLK_Frt_R2_lowRes.jpg

That right there is a strawberry lollipop. Ohh, and the new Nexus 6 and 9 too! Both of these stunners are coming to O2 Refresh soon and you can register here for updates > https://www.o2.co.uk/getupdates

So what can you expect from these new Nexuses? (Nexii? Nexuu's? What's the plural of Nexus? Brain scratcher!). For anyone who's familiar with Nexus devices, you'll already be in the know - they give you the purest Android experience available in an impressive hardware package with looks to match it.

Nexus 6

• The pixel-rich, 6" Quad HD display is perfect for getting work done, playing games and watching movies with stunning clarity.
  • Dual front-facing speakers provide immersive stereo sound to give you the best audio for movies and games
  • The Snapdragon 805 quad-core 2.7 GHz processor provides lightning fast multi-tasking and the Adreno 420 GPU gives you brilliant graphics.
  • An f2.0 lens and 13-megapixel camera with optical image stabilisation capture great photos in daylight and low light
  • Get up to 6 hours of use from only 15 minutes of charging. With a large 3220 mAh battery, you get over 24 hours of use from a full charge.
  • Comes pre-installed with the latest incarnation of Android - Lollipop. Read more here > https://android.com/versions/lollipop-5-0

Specs
Display: 5.96” 1440 x 2560 display (493 ppi)
Battery: 3220 mAh
Camera: 13MP rear-facing with optical image stabilization and 2MP front-facing
CPU: Qualcomm SnapdragonTM 805 - Quad Core 2.7 GHz
GPU: Adreno 420
Memory: 32 GB, 64 GB

Nexus 9

• With a soft grip back and subtle curves, the Nexus 9 tablet strikes a slim profile that’s light and comfortable for work or play.
  • Built with a thin bezel, brushed metal sides, clean lines and unique colours, the Nexus 9 tablet is sleek and sturdy.
  • The 8.9" screen is big enough to work and watch on, but small enough to carry around in one hand.
  • Sound is more immersive, layered and distortion-free with front-facing HTC BoomSound™ speakers.
  • With the 64-bit processor, easily move between tabs to check email, watch videos and tweak docs — all at once.
  • The magnetically-attached, fully-responsive keyboard allows you to type at different angles. Sold separately, it helps you get stuff done at home, at the office and on the go.
  • Comes pre-installed with the latest incarnation of Android - Lollipop. Read more here > https://android.com/versions/lollipop-5-0

Specs
Display: 8.9" IPS LCD
Battery: 6700 mAh
Camera: 8 MP rear camera, 1.6 MP front camera
CPU: 64-bit NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor 2.3 GHz
GPU: Kepler DX1
Memory: 16 GB & 32 GB

So what are all of your thoughts on these two new Nexus devices? Looking forward to getting these impressive devices with a pure Android experience attached?

20th Jan Update

It has been a LONG time coming, but the Nexus 9 is finally here! It's the first tablet on O2 running Lollipop 5.0. Want it? Go get it here!

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I wonder if we'll see these on preorder....

Certainly  good additions to the O2 lines slight_smile

Message 2 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

For me the biggest question is how do the prices compare between O2 Refresh and the Google Play Store. For the Nexus 4 it was £279 or thereabouts from Google as opposed to £399 from O2. If the price is the same then I will take the 2 year interest free credit and buy from O2.

Message 3 of 29

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

Message 4 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

So when can we hear news as to whether we can pre-order with O2?

And when do we expect them to start hitting stores? Would they typically be sold out straight away like iphones were?

Message 5 of 29

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If the Z3 and Note 4 is anything to go by there won't be any pre-orders.
As of now many O2 stores don't even know if they will have any Note 4's and they aren't on the website yet - Launch day is tomorrow !!!!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 29

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

Epic fail wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 29

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks! So I get to find out all their pricing etc on the site tomorrow?
Message 9 of 29

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks! So I get to find out all their pricing etc on the site tomorrow?

No idea mate - Keep checking back is all I can recommend unless O2 actually tell us a date....?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 29