Did you mean: 

Next big thing? 4G

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Usain Bolt ran 100 meters in 9.5 seconds. On our 4G trial you could download a video of it on your mobile in less than 0.5 seconds. Impressive right? Have a look at the video (http://www.o2.co.uk/network/future) and share any thoughts you may have!

Other links: http://tnw.co/I60HPwhttp://bbc.in/GWUtRy

Watch the space wink

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Still only 2g here at home and work .

But 4g should help us rural folks using the 800mhz band lte (4g) come to our rescue.

When at home / pub have wifi at reasonable speed. And when in a 3g area's on business trips speeds are good .

I guess it all comes down to what people expect there speed to be and use it for.

I love living in the countryside but would love fastser data but that is the trade off for rural living.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

nice to see higher speeds for mobiles. but why is it that o2 & others put their test gear in places where people already have good connections. like others on this thread o2 network is a no go here. i think it would have more input if they installed their gear where the o2 network is bad, then surely you would have a far more powerful advert to show.

iechyd da

Message 12 of 15

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Fair point but comes down to population clusters and demand. Obviously if you're in a well populated area then you have a bigger sample to test your kit against than those of us out in the sticks. That's the theory but the accountants then decide because of the population clusters the profitability is greater in the bigger areas so won't bother to upgrade the kit where there is a need rather than a demand by volume.

Message 13 of 15

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

But I still think that with the 3 years network upgrades that started last year we all will see some benefits.

3g was 15 miles plus away last year now only 6-7 miles away and loads of maintenance work is going on for the last 3 weeks in my area.

So I know that it has to be commercially viable but as o2 have committed to updating the network lets see what happens

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would be good if it turned out to have low ping I'd use it for gaming.

Message 15 of 15