cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News about O2’s Home Broadband and Home Phone Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

We have reached agreement with Sky for them to acquire our consumer Home Broadband and Home Phone business.

For more information on what this means, read more here: http://o2lin.kr/Z1CRJT

If you’d like to read our press release, it’s here: http://o2lin.kr/Z1zF10

O2 Social Media Team

Message 1 of 379
378 REPLIES 378

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22907 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3658 Solutions

Just so you all know, I had an email from Sky in December informing me that in April, my current Sky email service will be switching over to Sky Yahoo Mail. I don't really use Sky's service, except to receive mail from Sky, and apparently my Sky email address will not change, but it might be something that will affect users coming over from O2. In any event, if you do have any important mail that you received through O2, you should back it up before the proposed changes take place.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

At http://www.o2.co.uk/broadband/broadbandchanges it states that 'if you have an O2 telephone' that will also move to Sky. What it doesn't answer is if your phone line is NOT Sky how will the transfer be carried out. Many of us have taken out a one year advance payment on, in my case, our BT phone which will be a cost penalty if we are forced to move to Sky phone before that has expired. What are the options for those of us who do not want to move our phone line to Sky - other than of course moving broadband supplier?

Message 12 of 379

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

if you do not have an o2 home phone deal your phone line stays where it is at present from the wording you quoted " if you have an o2 home phone"

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 13 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

I  thought one of the conditions of Sky Broadband is that you have a Sky landline. Like others I have BT line rental saver where you pay 12 months up front. Mine still has a long way to go, so what happens?

As for the emails, a drop from 1024meg to 20 meg is massive, a couple of emails with attachements & that's your capacity full. I use Outlook as an email client to collect emails from my various accounts, but once your 20 meg is used up, your box will be full & Outlook will not be able to retrieve anything.

No one has answered to £5 mobile discount question yet either. I already have Sky tv so whether that entitles me to any discount I don't know.

Message 14 of 379

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi buseng12,

There will be no material change to a customer’s service and no fundamental contract change.

With regards to your phone line, check out the FAQs on the below page under the question, "When will my home broadband and home phone service be moved to Sky?"

http://www.o2.co.uk/broadband/broadbandchanges

Cheers
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 15 of 379

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Toby

The linked page is very vague and badly worded.

The sky press release says moved fully to thier unbundled llu but what about customers that are with bt etc for phone.

I know it is early days but the Q&A section needs a lot of the questions being asked in the threads to be answerd asap.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 16 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:
Hi buseng12,

There will be no material change to a customer’s service and no fundamental contract change.

With regards to your phone line, check out the FAQs on the below page under the question, "When will my home broadband and home phone service be moved to Sky?"

http://www.o2.co.uk/broadband/broadbandchanges

Cheers

As everyone else has said, it only mentions if you have a o2 landline. No mention of BT or anyone else.

Message 17 of 379

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi buseng12:

Your BT landline query applies to the answer on that question response also.

I am asking the questions posted here to the team and the FAQs page will be updated as soon as more information is made available.

Cheers, Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 18 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont want to change to sky. I have had dealings with their service and would not want to use them.

I am in a contract with 02 can I cancel it to go to BT and I know that is extreme but that is how strong I feel.

Message 19 of 379

sparkymarcopolo
Level 3: Thinker
  • 37 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There's a lot of info about what happens next and the information provided assumes present customers want to stay, what about some info for those who don't?

Message 20 of 379