cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News about O2’s Home Broadband and Home Phone Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

We have reached agreement with Sky for them to acquire our consumer Home Broadband and Home Phone business.

For more information on what this means, read more here: http://o2lin.kr/Z1CRJT

If you’d like to read our press release, it’s here: http://o2lin.kr/Z1zF10

O2 Social Media Team

Message 1 of 379
378 REPLIES 378

Anonymous
Not applicable

I take it this does not apply to those that were signed up for the 12 months free deal?  As o2 currently owe me £1.46 apparently....  and a mobile top up discount of 0 is 0?

Message 361 of 379

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You've answered your own question really.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 362 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have today reported Sky to the ICO for their bombardment of letters, phone calls and now SMS messages 'welcoming' me as a new customer, even though I closed my O2 home broadband account and have told Sky, in writing, by phone, by email and SMS, to remove my details from their database.
Message 363 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable
yep, this is why I am not o2 any more. Now sky has all my details and my privacy was of scant concern to o2.
Message 364 of 379

pam
Level 4: Observant
  • 114 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Well I've been 'missing' for a couple of weeks as no broadband due to an error on my side. I mistakenly asked O2 for my MAC then joined BT for an extremely short time fo 4/5 days (god knows why as I hate them) immediately after ordering I knew it felt wrong so phoned them to cancel my order. I'd also transferred my landline back to them from O2 too so this was inclusive of cancellation.

After all the years I've been on BB (and dial up) I thought I had more sense! I've had to wait until the supposed BT activation date expired to let Sky transfer me via their switch side and can say now Sky have been marvellous about the whole thing! Sky went over and above what their had to do regarding my stupid error and were constantly in communication during the whole process, which included trying very hard to tranfer me when BT mistakenly kept the landline.

It's been one **bleep** up after another,plus two weeks without BB only using the data on my mob. I know full well I should've realised I'd be without BB but I didn't until the O2 guy in accounts told me what to expect.

I can't sing Sky's praises enough at this present time-long may it continue-and to thank O2 for their valuable help and services over the many years too.

Forgot to add I also got a smashing deal with Sky of free unlimited BB for a yr, plus 3 lots of various deductions off my husbands sky package slight_smile Bt also gave me free landline until the change over due to it being their error of not cancelling the line-I'd paid 1 yr up front which was refunded.

Sorry for the saga wink

Message 365 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

What's so bad about BT?

Message 366 of 379

frankly
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I feel the same way.

since o2 handed my mobile phone number to Sky, I have received multiple calls every day, many silent or dropped from Sky trying to get me to move earlier. I might have stayed with them out of inertia, but now I am so annoyed, I'll be looking for another ISP

Message 367 of 379

frankly
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
are you a Sky operative? you seem a bit impolite
Message 368 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I have left and gone back to BT cant say I was that happy about leaving O2 but I dont want to join Sky, but I had a decent deal to go back to BT. It seems very inconsistent with the offers they are giving people to stay with Sky, offers of free BB and even free SKY for a year which is what a friend of mine was offered when he phoned up to notify his intention of leaving! I wasnt offered a sausage! 

Message 369 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's why they have sold O2 Ireland. Sorry but O2 isn't what they were 5 years ago. £650 million and O2 is a global brand. Telefonica is so much in debt and they will sell anything to make it back into the black.

If you look at Voda they invested 45% Verizon Wireless and look where they are now. Cable and Wireless and also putting a bid in for Deutsche Kabel.

Message 370 of 379