cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News about O2’s Home Broadband and Home Phone Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

We have reached agreement with Sky for them to acquire our consumer Home Broadband and Home Phone business.

For more information on what this means, read more here: http://o2lin.kr/Z1CRJT

If you’d like to read our press release, it’s here: http://o2lin.kr/Z1zF10

O2 Social Media Team

Message 1 of 379
378 REPLIES 378

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having a read around I found this which is very useful as it explains all about how moving from one LLU to another works and so on and gives you info on best line rental for phone deals by paying upfront for a year

http://www.choose.net/media/guide/faqs/how-much-cost-reconnect-bt-phoneline.html

http://www.choose.net/media/guide/features/new-phone-line-installation.html

Some interesting facts for those on disability or low incomes also

Message 181 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

It's good to see that everyone has received their letters and I can imagine how it raises additional questions. We've put a Q&A online and until the proposed deal completes, this is all we can answer: http://www.o2.co.uk/broadband/broadbandchanges

I can imagine how you might have additional questions, so as soon as we're able to share more information, we certainly will.

Cheers,

Leonard

Message 182 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree entirely. I feel that I have been duped into extending with O2 when they knew about this change but had not announced it. I wouldn't use Sky under any circumstances.
Message 183 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

One question,  There is a reduction in the email storage to 20MB which is ok as emails are probably diverted to another provider or downloaded via an email client.

Out of interest if you stay with O2 for the mobiles as I certainly am but migrate to another ISP does that reduction still apply?

I am not moving to sky so will not be involved with the Sky/Yahoo email system and will continue to use my normal email address which the O2 ones divert to.

Placed my order today with PlusNet

Message 184 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no intention of allowing O2 to switch my broadband to Sky as i have no faith in them and would not use them under any circumstances.  I would not have renewed with O2 if they had already made the announcement and feel duped as they clearly already intended to sell their broadband business to Sky when I renewed.

02 cancellation policy states:

Yes you can [cancel], at any time. If you’ve been with us less than 12 months, there’s a fee. (Unless you’re in your 30-day happiness guarantee.) Otherwise it won't cost you a penny.

If you want to cancel after the guarantee but before 12 months has passed, you'll have to give us 30 days' notice . And pay for the rest of the time on your contract. We'll add the fee to your final bill.

Given the part I have placed in bold, I don't know what they mean by "Otherwise it won't cost you a penny"!

I am happy to give 30 days' notice but 02 should have the decency to allow any client to leave without charging for the rest of the contract regardless of the length of contract.  My contract was not with Sky and I should not be penalised for 02's strategic business decision.

Please can the 02 team on this forum confirm that customers who do not want to be with Sky can give notice and only be charged for the month of notice? 

Message 185 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

People are being told that migration could take 18 months, so it's likely you can stay as an O2 home broadband customer for the rest of your minimum term before moving to Sky (at which point your minimum term will have expired so you can leave). Before then, your contract hasn't changed, so you can't leave penalty free.

Message 186 of 379

PP1000
  • 30 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

02 cancellation policy states:

Yes you can [cancel], at any time. If you’ve been with us less than 12 months, there’s a fee. (Unless you’re in your 30-day happiness guarantee.) Otherwise it won't cost you a penny.

If you want to cancel after the guarantee but before 12 months has passed, you'll have to give us 30 days' notice . And pay for the rest of the time on your contract. We'll add the fee to your final bill.

Given the part I have placed in bold, I don't know what they mean by "Otherwise it won't cost you a penny"!

It's pretty obvious that refers to when you are of contract ie after 12 months.

Message 187 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a new question about this topic. How do I unsubscribe from it even though I'm (apparently) not subscribed to it?

I keep getting reminders and updates to my email address about this issue even though I've altered the settings. Clearly not correctly.

Can anyone advise on how to stop the subscription please?

Message 188 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Can anyone advise on how to stop the subscription please?

Click the "Topic Options" dropdown and "Unsubscribe"

Message 189 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers. slight_smile

Message 190 of 379