cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News about O2’s Home Broadband and Home Phone Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

We have reached agreement with Sky for them to acquire our consumer Home Broadband and Home Phone business.

For more information on what this means, read more here: http://o2lin.kr/Z1CRJT

If you’d like to read our press release, it’s here: http://o2lin.kr/Z1zF10

O2 Social Media Team

Message 1 of 379
378 REPLIES 378

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@sparkymarcopolo wrote:

There's a lot of info about what happens next and the information provided assumes present customers want to stay, what about some info for those who don't?

Same as usual, you just go!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 21 of 379

sparkymarcopolo
  • 37 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What's that meant to mean?

Message 22 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow I been a customer with o2 since it formed for mobile/data/broadband/home and I have been a long supporter of the brand, my mum, 4 of my mates, my sisters and brother all came to O2 on my recommendation over the years. 

If I leave o2 broadband, you wont care which is even more offensive so I plan to cancel all products with o2 and find an alternative solution.

Please people name a decent provider. I will move today with immediate effect.

Message 23 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interestingly I have O2 broadband and Mobile. I stayed loyal with O2 for the mobile and broadband for the overall discount. If O2 goes to sky I'm now considering swapping mobile proviers too - No reason now to not shop around.

Wonder how much mobile business they could be losing.

Message 24 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will have to think hard about my options now. I have broadband, home phone and mobile phone with O2. Perhaps I will be moving all to a provider of MY choice.

Message 25 of 379

sparkymarcopolo
  • 37 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My initial reaction was I'm off, cancelled SKY TV a while back because of the customer quality of service (there just isn't any most of the time). I've been with O2 for years, any queries I've had have been answered courteously and any gripes are just not worth mentioning. Most of my family have them too which were under my recommendation.

What are the alternatives?

Message 26 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also not happy with moving to Sky, I gave notice on tv last year and only stayed due to te discount they offered but if they put it again in June .I will be off.

Some years ago I tried to sign up with sky b/b and phone but their sales lines dont answer the phone and i wasnt doing it online with so many queries.

I will see what they propose but I will not be going on any 12 month contract as I only have 30 days notice at the moment for phone and broadband.

I will however stay with O2 for the mobile as the O2 network suits my needs and they have good coverage

Message 27 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have home broadband only (unlimlited) what will happen regarding this? My phone line is with the Post Office. In my particular circumstances being separate is more convenient for me. Hope I don't bamboozled with calls and letters to try and get me signed up with all SKY stuff, just broadband is all I want. Why didn't o2 write to customers about the proposed take over, so we could make up our minds before.Smiley Indifferent

Message 28 of 379

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi

I have home broadband only (unlimlited) what will happen regarding this? My phone line is with the Post Office. In my particular circumstances being separate is more convenient for me. Hope I don't bamboozled with calls and letters to try and get me signed up with all SKY stuff, just broadband is all I want. Why didn't o2 write to customers about the proposed take over, so we could make up our minds before.Smiley Indifferent

O2 will be writing to you, there will be more about what's happening so people will have a better idea of what to do.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 29 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. Please tell us asap what penalties we might incur if we opt not to be 'migrated' to Sky. An apology on the part of O2 would be useful too since I will be spending my valuable time trying to decide what my best future option is. 

Message 30 of 379