Did you mean: 

New Emoticons!!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

I have some great news! We've updated the available emoticons on the O2 community! The new emoticons are now live and you can see them under the emoticon option (shown below) when creating a post. wink

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 14.48.05.png

We've kept the animated ones as their quite popular but you will now have a much wider selection to express yourself! heart_eyescoolupside_downalienexpressionlesscatthumbsupwave

Here's a challange for you! See if you can tell a story ONLY using emoticons in the comments below! grinyahoosee_no_eviltongue_winking

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 83
82 REPLIES 82

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

WaveMartin

thumbsup the new emoticons.

I  heart tv and clapper as they say quite a bit about me. I also thumbsup frog but that's because I thumbsup frogfrog.

Best I can do but agree with @Cleoriff  it's tiresome having to keep opening the box

Also @Glory1 I couldn't understand hardly any of your post until I replied (quoting your message) then the names of the emoticons were revealed I got heart (Love) and guessed tvwas TV....but no idea that clapper was clapper!! I got the thumbs up part and could see the frog frog but couldn't understand it.

So ...more work definitely needs doing on these emoticons. As @Beenherebefore said, you can't see what they are when you hover your mouse over them...which sadly renders them pointless. You could have been talking in Swahili for all I knew joyjoykissing_heart No offence intended either wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 83

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

No offence taken @Cleoriff 😁

What I was attempting to say was I love the TV and clapperboard emoticons because as I like TV and films it say a lot about me. And I also like the frog emoticon simply because I like frogs 🤣

I did read @Beenherebefore's comment about not being able to see what the emoticon is when hovering your mouse over them. But, of course, as I use a mobile it's totally different for me. I can't 'hover' over the emoticon but get its description when I click on it.

Anyway, let's see what Martin makes of it on Monday. He'll probably be as confused as you which should tell him something about the new emoticons 😉

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 22 of 83

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I appreciate the bigger size but for me I hate how they aren't defined. Far too blurred for my eyes. They have been enlarged but the resolution is all wrong @Anonymous-O2 frowning2

Message 23 of 83

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Ok then so with my Miss Marple head on Happy Dance....

You use mobile to post and use emoticons....I mainly use PC. Can you, via mobile, see a description of the new emoticons before you use them?

Point being that the OLD emoticons do show a description when I mouseover...the new ones don't poop

So therefore I could insult you (or anyone else) by posting robot or skull or grimacing as there is no description UNTIL I post it....(Hells teeth I am confusing myself now triumphHelp)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 83

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 25 of 83

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Lol...I might just end up using the old ones...at least I know what they are.... and will only insult people on purpose, not by accident....EvilLOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 83

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

There is a description when you add it rage like this.... Screenshot_20170819-234814.png

Yes I get that Steve...but it means you have to add it before you know what it is...then delete it if it isnt what you want....yahoo....(getting a headache now, which is such a shame as I blumming love emoticons..LOL)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 83

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Well that's one solution, easier for me to use the phone emoticons and can add as many as I like 😉😂😠😴🙈🙉🙊

Message 28 of 83

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 29 of 83

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Ok then so with my Miss Marple head on Happy Dance....

You use mobile to post and use emoticons....I mainly use PC. Can you, via mobile, see a description of the new emoticons before you use them?

Point being that the OLD emoticons do show a description when I mouseover...the new ones don't poop

So therefore I could insult you (or anyone else) by posting robot or skull or grimacing as there is no description UNTIL I post it....(Hells teeth I am confusing myself now triumphHelp)

No I don't see a description when I click on the emoticon but it's as @jonsie says I see the description when it's added to the post. 

To be fair I only used the emoticons I was sure of. Of course I didn't stop to think that no one else would have a clue what I was talking about Thoughful

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 30 of 83