Did you mean: 

New Emoticons!!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

I have some great news! We've updated the available emoticons on the O2 community! The new emoticons are now live and you can see them under the emoticon option (shown below) when creating a post. wink

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 14.48.05.png

We've kept the animated ones as their quite popular but you will now have a much wider selection to express yourself! heart_eyescoolupside_downalienexpressionlesscatthumbsupwave

Here's a challange for you! See if you can tell a story ONLY using emoticons in the comments below! grinyahoosee_no_eviltongue_winking

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 83
82 REPLIES 82

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

..... without having to keep opening the box! 😎

BouncyFantasticHappy Dance

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 31 of 83

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

No I don't see a description when I click on the emoticon but it's as @jonsie says I see the description when it's added to the post. 

Well that's the same as me on PC...BUT the old ones do show a description (on pc) before I post. Additionally the old emoticons show a description after posting to anyone with a PC and using mouseover

New ones show nothing ....unless I reply, capturing the message I am replying to. And now....as I seem to be talking in Swahili the more I post...I am gonna give up.....(and use the old emoticons) Banana Zipped LOL 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 83

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:

No I don't see a description when I click on the emoticon but it's as @jonsie says I see the description when it's added to the post. 

Well that's the same as me on PC...BUT the old ones do show a description (on pc) before I post. Additionally the old emoticons show a description after posting to anyone with a PC and using mouseover

New ones show nothing ....unless I reply, capturing the message I am replying to. And now....as I seem to be talking in Swahili the more I post...I am gonna give up.....(and use the old emoticons) Banana Zipped LOL 

Well clearly I understand Swahili because I totally got what you are saying Bouncy

Anyhoo, I think we stick to the old emoticons until the 'bugs' are ironed out. 

And on that note I will say goodnight. I'm off to carrying on reading a good (if trashy) book LOL

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 33 of 83

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

We also have some sports icons here...but we haven't got this :Hamilton:Hamiltonfor the Formula One thread...

I have to thank the good Lord @viridis for that one....and pandering to this female F1 fanatic Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 83

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:

Well clearly I understand Swahili because I totally got what you are saying LOL

Anyhoo, I think we stick to the old emoticons until the 'bugs' are ironed out. 

And on that note I will say goodnight. I'm off to carrying on reading a good (if trashy) book LOL

I will do the same @Glory1...though my book is a psychological thriller Fear Good night..xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 83

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys I have an update on a couple of points raised about the new emoticons. 

1. hover over: The emoticons will be updated so that when you hover over the emoticon the name of the will be displayed! laughing

2. The emoticon box closing: The box closes by design so we simply can't change a setting to allow it to stay open. There may be some things we can tweak in the back end of the forum so please bear with us whilst we investigate our options. wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 36 of 83

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Hey guys I have an update on a couple of points raised about the new emoticons. 

1. hover over: The emoticons will be updated so that when you hover over the emoticon the name of the will be displayed! laughing

2. The emoticon box closing: The box closes by design so we simply can't change a setting to allow it to stay open. There may be some things we can tweak in the back end of the forum so please bear with us whilst we investigate our options. wink

Ok...Re No 1)....

Any idea when that will be @Martin-O2? As i just 'mouse-overed' the post you made and nothing...upside_down

Re No 2)

You really don't want to know what I think about that! LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 83

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff I believe they will update overnight as the new emoticons did. I'll let you know if this happens sooner though. 

For number 2 I know it's not ideal if you want to make a post with lots in but I'll check if there is any way to change this in the back end of the platform. thumbsup

signature

Message 38 of 83

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

OK...I will let you off then....(and check overnight)...four_leaf_clover Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 83

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks! yahoo If there not there by the morning drop me a mention. 

signature

Message 40 of 83