Welcome & News

Highlighted
Topics: 746

Re: New Emoticons!!

[ Edited ]

@Glory1 wrote:

WaveMartin

thumbsup the new emoticons.

I  heart tv and clapper as they say quite a bit about me. I also thumbsup frog but that's because I thumbsup frogfrog.

Best I can do but agree with @Cleoriff  it's tiresome having to keep opening the box

Also @Glory1 I couldn't understand hardly any of your post until I replied (quoting your message) then the names of the emoticons were revealed I got heart (Love) and guessed tvwas TV....but no idea that clapper was clapper!! I got the thumbs up part and could see the frog frog but couldn't understand it.

So ...more work definitely needs doing on these emoticons. As @Beenherebefore said, you can't see what they are when you hover your mouse over them...which sadly renders them pointless. You could have been talking in Swahili for all I knew joyjoykissing heart No offence intended either wink

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Topics: 83
Kudos: 1,116
Blog Posts: 2

[ Edited ]

No offence taken @Cleoriff 😁

What I was attempting to say was I love the TV and clapperboard emoticons because as I like TV and films it say a lot about me. And I also like the frog emoticon simply because I like frogs 🤣

I did read @Beenherebefore's comment about not being able to see what the emoticon is when hovering your mouse over them. But, of course, as I use a mobile it's totally different for me. I can't 'hover' over the emoticon but get its description when I click on it.

Anyway, let's see what Martin makes of it on Monday. He'll probably be as confused as you which should tell him something about the new emoticons 😉

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Highlighted
Topics: 574

[ Edited ]

I appreciate the bigger size but for me I hate how they aren't defined. Far too blurred for my eyes. They have been enlarged but the resolution is all wrong @Anonymous-O2 frowning2

Highlighted

Ok then so with my Miss Marple head on Happy Dance....

You use mobile to post and use emoticons....I mainly use PC. Can you, via mobile, see a description of the new emoticons before you use them?

Point being that the OLD emoticons do show a description when I mouseover...the new ones don't poop

So therefore I could insult you (or anyone else) by posting robot or skull or grimacing as there is no description UNTIL I post it....(Hells teeth I am confusing myself now triumphHelp)

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted

Highlighted

Lol...I might just end up using the old ones...at least I know what they are.... and will only insult people on purpose, not by accident....EvilLOL

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted

@jonsie wrote:

There is a description when you add it rage like this.... Screenshot_20170819-234814.png

Yes I get that Steve...but it means you have to add it before you know what it is...then delete it if it isnt what you want....yahoo....(getting a headache now, which is such a shame as I blumming love emoticons..LOL)

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted

Well that's one solution, easier for me to use the phone emoticons and can add as many as I like 😉😂😠😴🙈🙉🙊

Highlighted

Highlighted
Topics: 83
Kudos: 1,116
Blog Posts: 2

@Cleoriff wrote:

Ok then so with my Miss Marple head on Happy Dance....

You use mobile to post and use emoticons....I mainly use PC. Can you, via mobile, see a description of the new emoticons before you use them?

Point being that the OLD emoticons do show a description when I mouseover...the new ones don't poop

So therefore I could insult you (or anyone else) by posting robot or skull or grimacing as there is no description UNTIL I post it....(Hells teeth I am confusing myself now triumphHelp)

No I don't see a description when I click on the emoticon but it's as @jonsie says I see the description when it's added to the post. 

To be fair I only used the emoticons I was sure of. Of course I didn't stop to think that no one else would have a clue what I was talking about Thoughful

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb