Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Topics: 547

Re: New Community homepage is live! :)

It's bad enough for us so how the hell do new members find this? They must think the website is a joke...a not funny at all joke That banner and the amount of scrolling is ridiculous! You hit reply and have to scroll down half a page to get to the message box.

Topics: 83
Kudos: 1,115
Blog Posts: 2

@jonsie wrote:

It's bad enough for us so how the hell do new members find this? They must think the website is a joke...a not funny at all joke That banner and the amount of scrolling is ridiculous! You hit reply and have to scroll down half a page to get to the message box.

An even bigger nightmare than we are is the answer @jonsie! We at least have some idea how to navigate it all, as big a pain as that might be. If you're new, you won't have a clue.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Topics: 677

I think it's probably easier for new members as the website is geared more for them than us.

New members are posting just as much as before.

The regulars are struggling, simply because it is so different.

That's my opinion for what it's worth. wink

*The Game Is On*

@Cleoriff wrote:

I think it's probably easier for new members as the website is geared more for them than us.

New members are posting just as much as before.

The regulars are struggling, simply because it is so different.

That's my opinion for what it's worth. wink

Good point @Cleoriff. But surely the website should be geared to all members not just new ones. Particularly as many new members only post once and don't come back.

By the way, is anyone else having to sign in more than once when they haven't logged out? I haven't logged out since I logged in just after 7pm. Yet I've just had to log in for the 3rd time to post this!!

[ Edited ]

Totally agree about it being a community for all of us @Glory1. The reason some new members don't struggle is that they only post to to ask a question.

When the regulars are spending time looking for links to reply to a new member, this is a frustrating and time consuming job. New members have no need to get involved to the extent we do...

Edited to add, I am not having those log on problems you are experiencing..

*The Game Is On*

I've had no unexpected log-outs in all honesty. I logged on this morning and the laptop has been on all day while I'm doing other things and even though other websites have been open, I'm still logged on whenever I come back.

I have noticed however that the community is much less busy this past week.

Coincidence?

@jonsie wrote:

I've had no unexpected log-outs in all honesty. I logged on this morning and the laptop has been on all day while I'm doing other things and even though other websites have been open, I'm still logged on whenever I come back.

I have noticed however that the community is much less busy this past week.

Coincidence?

I think the community has been less busy for longer than this week @jonsie

You only have to look back at the last 9 welcome threads. (which is 3 weeks)

*The Game Is On*

Because I tend to post more in the evenings and early morning, I've run out of unread posts well before midnight these days and I think the website has a lot to do with it this week. People can't find what they want because the home page and the header is terrible. It looks like it has been designed by and for simpletons!

....and the spell check is broken. It works sometimes but not always. Reckon it's trying to make out that people are illiterate. I get the spinning circle of death on this post, then nothing happens.

Pleze egscus ani errers....

@jonsie wrote:

Because I tend to post more in the evenings and early morning, I've run out of unread posts well before midnight these days and I think the website has a lot to do with it this week. People can't find what they want because the home page and the header is terrible. It looks like it has been designed by and for simpletons!

....and the spell check is broken. It works sometimes but not always. Reckon it's trying to make out that people are illiterate. I get the spinning circle of death on this post, then nothing happens.

Pleze egscus ani errers....

Al errers egscusd. joy

*The Game Is On*

[ Edited ]

Well I've just had to sign in for the 4th time. As no one else is having this problem, I'll put it down to my phone and that it's on its last legs after being hard worked for nearly 2 years.

@Cleoriff I totally agree what you've said about how the regulars and new members use the website. Maybe then we, the regulars, should have been considered that bit more. #just saying

I don't think the new Homepage is going to attract new members. It certainly hasn't done so, so far.

What it does seem to be doing is [Removed] off the regulars, though. Don't think it was meant to do that either. So it's a lose-lose all round then joy