Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Topics: 83
Kudos: 1,115
Blog Posts: 2

Re: New Community homepage is live! :)

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jezza1234

We haven't been discussing lack of email notifications?

The issue about notifications was in relation to Private Messages. If we had a PM in the past there was a number next to messages. So we were aware immediately that someone had sent us a PM

That's the part which is no longer working.

Yes I get an email notification that I have received a PM, though as I don't keep flicking back to check emails it could be 4 hrs before I know I have received one.

Change is a good thing ONLY if it improves a service. This change hasn't improved the community at all. It now takes a lot longer to answer a question if you need to provide links. What used to be a one click process, now involves a lot more clicking about.

As someone who posts on here on a daily basis, I can't see any improvement whatsoever.

I embrace change as a general rule. So I can't be accused of not trying.

I'm 100% with you on this @Cleoriff. Change that brings improvement and makes things easier, I'm all for it. But change that makes life more difficult I can definitely do without. And the recent changes fall into the latter category.

And like you I post here on a daily basis several times throughout the day, night and early hours when most of you are asleep. Only 2 other members are around in the early hours apart from me.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Topics: 547

@Cleoriff

This link takes me straight to the sign-in page and then straight to the unread posts from there.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/tab/message

Topics: 686

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff

This link takes me straight to the sign-in page and then straight to the unread posts from there.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/tab/message

Thanks @jonsie

I have bookmarked that. wink

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 100
Ideas: 2

Workarounds galore, needs must... 🙄🤯

Thanks everyone.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty. Douglas Adams.

[ Edited ]

And another oddity of the new Community Forum Homepage (on mobile at any rate):

Screenshot_20190209-165947__01__01.jpg

The blue text in the big search box does not go away when you click into the box, you've got to delete it yourself in order to type in a search term. 

Most other sites' search functions zero or clear the text in the box when you click into it...

Topics: 547

And once signed in, the sign in or register doesn't go away.

I think that Sign In at top right relates to the O2 website itself, not the Community Forum, @jonsie

Still annoying, though, you're right. dart

And when I search for something, it invariably changes what I type into what it thinks I meant, as this search for 'Oswestry' shows... 

Screenshot_20190209-182323__01.jpg

Stoopid computer thinks I was looking for posts to do with 'ancestry' Horrified

Topics: 686

[ Edited ]

@pgnthe part about leaving the wording in the search box doesn't happen when on PC.

However, the search  box changing the word from the one you are looking for isn't new. This has been going on ever since I joined the forum. Hence google being a better search engine that O2's own. scream

*The Game Is On*

@Cleoriff wrote:

@pgnthe part about leaving the wording in the search box doesn't happen when on PC.

However, the search  box changing the word from the one you are looking for isn't new. This has been going on ever since I joined the forum. Hence google being a better search engine that O2's own. scream

Thanks, @Cleoriff, must check it out when next on the laptop - still, behaviours on all platforms should be broadly similar - let's say the Search Box behaviour is a "bug' for @Marjo to take back to the Lithium team, I think. 

As for the dictionary Lithium uses to determine what it thinks you typed... That's a bug that has been around much longer, I agree. It is one I have seen on other forums that rely on Lithium (Virgin Media, for example).

The new forum layout is not perfect, partly because some of the underlying bugs remain yet, I think.