Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Topics: 667

Re: New Community homepage is live! :)

@jonsie

I forgot to add I'm having no problems with spellcheck. On laptop using FF.

*The Game Is On*

Level 40: Notorious

I must admit that the number of new posts each day SEEMS to be down.
There used to be 20-30+ pages of unread posts when I logged on, but the last couple of days this was less than 20 (this morning was 13).
I am not having the log out problem @Glory1 - are you closing your browser completely? It might be that your phone is killing the app if it is not used which means that the forum cookies are deleted and you have to log in. I used to get that periodically if I didn't use the Chrome browser every so often.
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band
Highlighted
Topics: 82
Kudos: 1,114
Blog Posts: 2

@gmarkj wrote:
I must admit that the number of new posts each day SEEMS to be down.
There used to be 20-30+ pages of unread posts when I logged on, but the last couple of days this was less than 20 (this morning was 13).
I am not having the log out problem @Glory1 - are you closing your browser completely? It might be that your phone is killing the app if it is not used which means that the forum cookies are deleted and you have to log in. I used to get that periodically if I didn't use the Chrome browser every so often.

Thanks for that bit of advice @gmarkj. I am flitting in and out of the website but not logging out. I'm doing other things on my phone.

However, I have noticed if I enter the forum through the O2 website I remained logged in. It's only if I enter the forum through an email I had to keep logging in. Weird!!

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Level 40: Notorious

How bizarre!
Strangely enough, FB on Chrome stays logged in but the Community does not...
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band

I bookmarked this route and now log in via it on a daily basis.

https://community.o2.co.uk/

If I scroll past the massive forum header, there is an option below which allows me to log in.

If I access the site via my emails, (as I always used to) I have to click on reply to a topic, I am then re-directed to log in. A real faff as I may not want to reply to the damn topic!!

*The Game Is On*

Level 4: Observant

I am so used to the old layout so it's a new adjustment to make. Why was it changed?
Level 12: Nimble

Have to say that I’m getting used to the new layout and now I have found everything don’t have any issues really. As for email notifications mine is working fine. I had l 37 replies to this post emails this morning so all is working well. Change is a good thing let’s embrace and move forward 👍😃😃

@jezza1234

We haven't been discussing lack of email notifications?

The issue about notifications was in relation to Private Messages. If we had a PM in the past there was a number next to messages. So we were aware immediately that someone had sent us a PM

That's the part which is no longer working.

Yes I get an email notification that I have received a PM, though as I don't keep flicking back to check emails it could be 4 hrs before I know I have received one.

Change is a good thing ONLY if it improves a service. This change hasn't improved the community at all. It now takes a lot longer to answer a question if you need to provide links. What used to be a one click process, now involves a lot more clicking about.

As someone who posts on here on a daily basis, I can't see any improvement whatsoever.

I embrace change as a general rule. So I can't be accused of not trying.

*The Game Is On*

Level 12: Nimble

Aaaaaand..... that’s me told🤣🤣🤣🤣. Off back into read only mode

@jezza1234 wrote:
Aaaaaand..... that’s me told🤣🤣🤣🤣. Off back into read only mode

LOLDestroy

*The Game Is On*