Did you mean: 

New Community homepage is live! :)

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone,

I'm sure you've noticed if you've visited before, that our forum is looking a bit different today. We've been working hard for the past several months on making changes to the community homepage, and finally went live with the new version this morning! Smiley Happy

We have been listening to your feedback from our discussions around what you like or don’t like on the homepage, passing it on to the designers and developers, along with ideas that you’ve come up with, and tried to get as much as possible included. A BIG thank you to everyone who have provided your views over the years. hugging

The update has brought several changes to the layout and to the different features of the page:

Welcome and search

• FAQs are linked from the top underneath the search bar, for quick look at the most-asked questions.
  • If you're logged in, you have quick access to your latest posts right on the homepage. If you're logged out, you will see instead a login box and quick general information about what the community is about.
  • Underneath that you have 3 quick links to help you get started: 1) info topic on what's the community about and how to get help, 2) topic listing all the different forum boards, and 3) the how-to guides board.

Notification Feed

A new feature on the right side of your avatar, next to your "My Settings", "Messages" (PMs) and "Unread posts" links when you are signed in. You can see a list of recent activity here related to topics you've participated in, e.g. if someone has given you a Kudos, replied to your posts, or @-mentioned you on the forum.

Notifications.png

Community Topics and contributors

• See what everyone’s been chatting about with top and latest discussions.
  • You can also help with unanswered questions or ask your own.
  • You can see a list of current top contributors on the right Smiley Happy

Most Popular Searches

• See the popular searches that others have made on the community to help you with your query

Latest News

• 3 latest topics that we've wanted to highlight!

Popular Topics

• Especially helpful for those looking for help: you'll see 2 most-used community how-to guides, with related Solved topics underneath.

Activity

• Some stats about the community where you can see number of active members and click into member search, number of members online (if they've set themselves visible in their settings) with a link to view all, total posts and questions solved.

We know that big changes can be annoying and even stressful to users if the old layout has been there for long (we had the previous look since 2014!!), and some of the abovementioned elements are both new and different from what we've had before. Now that the changes are live, we will be testing and monitoring over time to see how the page performs.

We'd love to hear your feedback:

We'd love to hear what you think of this new change. Do you like the design and feel of the homepage and its new sections? Do you think it's an improvement to the old design? What is your initial feeling around navigating the forum, finding and replying to topics, etc? 

Also, since we've just gone live today, don't hesitate to alert us if you see something that's not quite right. We've done a lot of testing but there can always be some lingering bugs or issues that we might have missed. 

Your continued feedback will be much appreciated as always to help us plan for future improvements. hugging

Cheers,

The Community Team

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 257
256 REPLIES 256

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Hey @Cleoriff, trying to figure out what might be happening for you. What happens / what do you see when you try scroll down from the "Welcome back. Here are your latest posts" part? There should be all the new homepage elements visible when you scroll down that I've listed above in the OP, starting with these in my screenshot below:

Homepagescrolldown.png

Yes I see all that @Marjo.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 257

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 22 of 257

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

But where is the link to the different sections?

On the homepage I think @jonsie but I cant get back to it to check!

It appears to me., once signed in, you cant access the homepage again?

Anyway, I'm giving up now as I have an appt elsewhere.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 257

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjo

Could I also say the PM's aren't showing.

I have checked my emails and see you sent me one at 13.48. It's not showing next to messages.

Thank god for emails!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 257

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Where am I? I feel like I'm being trapped in a store after hours with no lights on? Has Mod14 been involved in this redesign??

Can we have the list of forums back please. 

Message 26 of 257

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

Where am I? I feel like I'm being trapped in a store after hours with no lights on? Has Mod14 been involved in this redesign??

I tried @sheepdog

I was detemined I would master it and not be the first to moan. Having been here since 8am, I am still struggling, so actually I am pleased it's not just me.

I feel like I have just started on a completely new and different forum.

You may need to check your PM's. They arent showing next to messages!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 257

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Not really impressed.....

6 hours on...neither am I sadly

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 257

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

Love it LOL

Message 29 of 257

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Not really impressed.....

6 hours on...neither am I sadly

Another few days should sort it but the home page I see doesn't have links to sections....

Message 30 of 257