Did you mean: 

New Community Manager - Marjo

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone!

My name is Marjo and I'm joining the team as Community Manager, taking over from Chiara. As you are probably already aware, she is moving on to other great adventures after Friday this week.

I'm very happy to join this awesome team and to continue growing and developing the community; indeed there are some cool things planned for the next few months that I will do my best to drive forward. Always interested in improvement suggestions from you guys as well so fire away if you have anything in mind at any point! slight_smile

Previously I have been doing community management for videogames and telecom companies and I really enjoy gaming (mostly only on PC nowadays though!) on my free time as well. I'm originally from Finland in case my username doesn't give it away. I have two cats and I'm definitely a cat person! What about you? Cat Tongue

I'm very much looking forward to getting to know all of you so don't be afraid to say hi in this thread or send me a PM. wink

Regards,

Marjo

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Marjo Welcome the madhouse ......I mean forum...

I note you like cats. I have 3 of my own so a treble welcome.:smileywink:

As for the forum layout. I think you will find most of the regular users have expressed their opinion on the new 'design'

It arrived yesterday with no warning and the general consensus is its absolutely awful and worse still, unmanageable for many of us...We all understood that it was being reverted back asap...??

Anyway that aside...best of luck in your new job Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 46

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I can hear the whip cracking as I write Smiley Very Happy Haven't been here for a short while so need to find this news that Chiara is going. So hello from me for the meantime....

I take it you pronounce your username as mar-yo and not mar-joe?

Message 12 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Marjo and a warm welcome to the whacky warehouse.

Hope you like a laugh 😆😆
Message 13 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Evening Marjo Cat Happy

great to welcome another cat person to O2C Cat Very Happy

World of Warcraft is the only 'video game' I've ever played - I used to play it with my son quite some time ago now, but I've recently downloaded it for free (up to level 20) & was all set to play when I realised I'd totally forgotten what keys to press for the various actions Help Bang

may I ask a serious question? ..... = ..... are you a man or a woman please? I can hear the laughter now ..... previously I thought 2 members were women when they are in fact men ie Bambino (I thought the cigar was a ruse which gave MI5 some lol) ..... & ...... & jonsie who I thought maybe the woman in his avatar pic (I did check this with Toby first by pm) ..... I want to say that Bambino (who welcomed me to O2C) ..... & jonsie (who has a great sense of humour) well, they have become O2C friends of mine, which I'm grateful for

btw Marjo I'm not very techie minded ..... yes you do need to like a laugh on here ..... & ..... I don't like the new format layout = can't see the logic of it unless it is to be made facebook-esque with 'rolling' adverts, which I would not like either (apologies - but I don't know if this is or is not allowed on O2C)

hope you enjoy yourself here Cat

Message 14 of 46

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Thanks for the welcomes. slight_smile

@jonsie We are collecting feedback from all of you at the moment to see what you like and don't like about it so keep that coming. slight_smile

Apart from everyone else not liking the squashed up layout...I CAN ONLY SEE HALF OF MY LADY!!!CrazyDestroy

Message 15 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Marjo wrote:

@jonsie We are collecting feedback from all of you at the moment to see what you like and don't like about it so keep that coming. slight_smile

Apart from everyone else not liking the squashed up layout...I CAN ONLY SEE HALF OF MY LADY!!!CrazyDestroy

LOLLOLLOL Another classic from @jonsie  ROFL..x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Welcome to the community Marjo good to have you on board I doubt I will be posting anything much further until this stupid page size is sorted out I really don't see what feedback your collecting no one likes it and I'm sure it's not just me it's putting off
Message 17 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Marjo wrote:

@jonsie rofcgu Smiley LOL ..... it's just not on is it? she's such a beauty slight_smile

& bless you for giving me a kudo Bouncy Thanks!

Message 18 of 46

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Welcome @Marjo , I'm sur it won't take too long to settle in here Welcome

Just to repeat what others have said, can we have our old layout back ppleeaase?

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 19 of 46

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Never mind your lady @jonsie , I'VE been split in half Jaw-dropping

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 20 of 46