Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Community Home Page & Other Improvements

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey everyone! How is your Thursday going?

If you noticed a few changes to the Community today, don't worry, it's not your imagination. We're really pleased to officially announce an updated version of our O2 Community Home page! smiling

Many of you have provided valuable feedback about the home page over the past few months and we wanted to say a big thank you! kissing_heart

We have made sure to include as much of it as possible in this version and continue working towards future improvements. Here a short list of changes! 

• The Knowledge Base, which sounded a little too technical, is now called Content created by our Community with its How to Guides and Reviews boards.
  • We have separated Pay Monthly and Pay as You Go boards as per your wishes for clarity when helping with related member queries.
  • O2 Home is no longer at the top of the page (it will be archived anyway later since the service is closing), instead, we have a link to the News board and to the make a new post page at the top.
  • Additionally, you can see a carousel at the top where we can now better highlight interesting info, discussions, member-created guides or device reviews.
  • We have also made some improvements to the mobile experience in general, for example, you should now be able to edit your own posts in the mobile view. thumbsup

Please note also that the Ideas section has now been archived which was also something that was asked about. Thank you very much everyone who posted an idea or voted for one, it's much appreciated!

Please do continue posting and discussing your ideas and feedback in the Feedback board. We do love to hear all you have to say and we make sure all your feedback is shared with O2. slight_smile

Let us know what you think of these changes, and as always, keep your feedback coming.

Thanks!

----- Things noticed so far ----- UPDATES

Things that don’t work as expected:

• Mobile view: “Add comment” button in each post on mobile only adds a comment technically to the first post in the thread. This makes it impossible to quote a specific reply.
  • Full view on mobile: need to press the emojis several times to be able to add to post. WORK IN PROGRESS
  • "Users Online" isn't working. There's no clickable link to see who is online and if you hover over the images they are all N/A. Link to "view all" is missing. WORK IN PROGRESS
  • Error when trying to access My O2 on Firefox: "The page isn't redirecting properly"
  • Delays noticed in the Latest Topics section

Missing functionality:

• Mobile view: Access to emojis is only possible in edit mode. WORK IN PROGRESS
  • Mobile view: Cannot add photos. FIXED

Improvements:

• Wording at the top of the page: lack of clear info that the community is not Customer Service.
  • Make full view default on mobile, as it seems to be more user-friendly and include more options.
  • Edit button should be visible only when the editing window is still open. FIXED
  • Latest Topics section taking a lot of space on home page.

Message 1 of 388
387 REPLIES 387

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

No, I just wondered whether the overnight improvements had fixed it. I've found out since that they didn't fix it when I came across the voicemail thread. Also noticed that it doesn't mark posts as 'new' so I find myself having to check dates and times.

Message 361 of 388

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Hey @Cleoriff, I have a (small) update on this one. We reported the issue earlier and the response was that it is indeed a bug, and is being looked at by Lithium. We didn't get an ETA for the fix though but when we hear anything, will let you know. I understand it's a frustrating one. 

Thanks @Marjo Hopefully soon....wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 362 of 388

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35779 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

I'll test it out presently, @Marjo... Perhaps I caught the forum at a bad time...

Working fine now, mark it down to a glitch. Fear

I will check, as I have noticed different behavior in a response to a How-To or Guide, I think... bomb

Here's one that point-blank did not offer me an Edit option in Mobile view:

Switch to Full view to Edit via Options... 

Weird huh, @Marjo

Umm... Sorry, @Marjo, but some numpty zapped the pics I had put in above that showed how I got NO Reply option on that particular thread unless I switched from Mobile to Full view.

Just my luck. Dunno if you have access to it as it was originally, and next time I shall have to obscure the photo in my Nice Screenshots that I use to demonstrate what I have seen.

(No disrespect to said numpty, btw, consider it a friendly term of endearment!) 

Message 363 of 388

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 364 of 388

pgn
  • 35779 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions
And of course, no *Edit* option, not _Reply_, d'oh.

I blame the heat. tongue_winking
Message 365 of 388

pgn
  • 35779 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

See, @Marjo @? Mobile view: no Edit button

Screenshot_20180601-211113.jpg

Full view: Edit is there in Options:

Screenshot_20180601-211333.jpg

So what gives?

It makes no sense... Smiley Frustrated

Message 366 of 388

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Marjo@Martin-O2

A problem again with a thread 'sticking' on Unread posts

This one here...I have read it three times and it won't budge! I presume it's been moved?

Touch ID.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 367 of 388

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for reporting @Cleoriff. Frustratingly this keeps coming back to haunt us. Is the thread still there or has it gone now? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 368 of 388

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

No, that one cleared itself eventually @Martin-O2

However, when I have just logged back on today I had the same issue with 4 threads...none had been moved.

I could only get rid of them by marking all posts in the community as read (as i had read those 4 times in an effort to get 'rid of them'...) slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 369 of 388

pgn
  • 35779 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Full View has an Options drop-down that allows you to mark all posts as read. 

Mobile view doesn't, not that I can see... 

Perhaps this isn't the right thread for Full vs Mobile, please move it to where it should be, so @Cleoriff gets to read it again Crazy LOL

Message 370 of 388