Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Community Home Page & Other Improvements

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey everyone! How is your Thursday going?

If you noticed a few changes to the Community today, don't worry, it's not your imagination. We're really pleased to officially announce an updated version of our O2 Community Home page! smiling

Many of you have provided valuable feedback about the home page over the past few months and we wanted to say a big thank you! kissing_heart

We have made sure to include as much of it as possible in this version and continue working towards future improvements. Here a short list of changes! 

• The Knowledge Base, which sounded a little too technical, is now called Content created by our Community with its How to Guides and Reviews boards.
  • We have separated Pay Monthly and Pay as You Go boards as per your wishes for clarity when helping with related member queries.
  • O2 Home is no longer at the top of the page (it will be archived anyway later since the service is closing), instead, we have a link to the News board and to the make a new post page at the top.
  • Additionally, you can see a carousel at the top where we can now better highlight interesting info, discussions, member-created guides or device reviews.
  • We have also made some improvements to the mobile experience in general, for example, you should now be able to edit your own posts in the mobile view. thumbsup

Please note also that the Ideas section has now been archived which was also something that was asked about. Thank you very much everyone who posted an idea or voted for one, it's much appreciated!

Please do continue posting and discussing your ideas and feedback in the Feedback board. We do love to hear all you have to say and we make sure all your feedback is shared with O2. slight_smile

Let us know what you think of these changes, and as always, keep your feedback coming.

Thanks!

----- Things noticed so far ----- UPDATES

Things that don’t work as expected:

• Mobile view: “Add comment” button in each post on mobile only adds a comment technically to the first post in the thread. This makes it impossible to quote a specific reply.
  • Full view on mobile: need to press the emojis several times to be able to add to post. WORK IN PROGRESS
  • "Users Online" isn't working. There's no clickable link to see who is online and if you hover over the images they are all N/A. Link to "view all" is missing. WORK IN PROGRESS
  • Error when trying to access My O2 on Firefox: "The page isn't redirecting properly"
  • Delays noticed in the Latest Topics section

Missing functionality:

• Mobile view: Access to emojis is only possible in edit mode. WORK IN PROGRESS
  • Mobile view: Cannot add photos. FIXED

Improvements:

• Wording at the top of the page: lack of clear info that the community is not Customer Service.
  • Make full view default on mobile, as it seems to be more user-friendly and include more options.
  • Edit button should be visible only when the editing window is still open. FIXED
  • Latest Topics section taking a lot of space on home page.

Message 1 of 388
387 REPLIES 387

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Well just checking users online now I was a bit shocked. It made me think it was Monday.... @Marjo and @Martin-O2 both on duty? Smiley Very Happy

There again, looking at my time online, I think I will log off and get something to eat....Happy Dance

Users 14thJan.JPG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 211 of 388

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35768 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Dedication above and beyond the call of duty, I think. 

Or the stats are stuck in a parallel universe where it's actually Wednesday 🙄

Message 212 of 388

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Well just checking users online now I was a bit shocked. It made me think it was Monday.... @Marjo and @Martin-O2 both on duty? Smiley Very Happy

There again, looking at my time online, I think I will log off and get something to eat....Happy Dance

Users 14thJan.JPG

Haha it was a Sunday! We jumped on to sort a few bits behind the scenes. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 213 of 388

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Users 14thJan.JPG

Keeping you on your toes LOL

Message 214 of 388

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Users 14thJan.JPG

You need to get your stories right @Marjo Your 'partner in crime' @Martin-O2 said you were on 'sorting a few bits out'

Who needs Mata Hari ...when you have me watching and lurking....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 215 of 388

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Marjo wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Users 14thJan.JPG

You need to get your stories right @Marjo Your 'partner in crime' @Martin-O2 said you were on 'sorting a few bits out'

Who needs Mata Hari ...when you have me watching and lurking....LOL

rofl

Message 216 of 388

jonsie
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 217 of 388

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey guys just a quick update to say we haven't forgotten it - Lithium is still investigating the "posts being unread" issue. slight_smile

Message 218 of 388

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I probably should add to the post I made here on the 2nd January

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/New-Community-Home-Page-amp-Other-Improvements/m-p/110005...

It was re the error message I got when trying to access My O2 on PC using Firefox.

As of today, it now appears to be fixed. I can get in to My O2 with no problems. thumbsup and fingers crossed fingers_crossed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 219 of 388

MI5
  • 144149 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Yours may be fixed, but mine ain't...... still !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 220 of 388