Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Topics: 530

Re: New 4G Locations - Updated Weekly

Thanks @Chris_K although I did remark on another thread about the 'weekly' schedule.....

O2 Social Media Team

[ Edited ]

@jonsie wrote:

Thanks @Chris_K although I did remark on another thread about the 'weekly' schedule.....

Don't worry, it'll be back to normal after I back-date the updates Smiley Happy

edit: All up-to-date and backfilled. We're now current again. And future weeks going forward!

CommunitySig.png

Topics: 530

@Chris_K wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Don't worry, it'll be back to normal after I back-date the updates Smiley Happy

edit: All up-to-date and backfilled. We're now current again. And future weeks going forward!

Top man!smiley

Level 4: Observant

the mast in my area is still down due to signal interference on the mast but ofcom are trying to fix it but its taking longer then expected to fix it Smiley Sad
O2 Social Media Team

@paddyguy wrote:
the mast in my area is still down due to signal interference on the mast but ofcom are trying to fix it but its taking longer then expected to fix it Smiley Sad

Unfortunately I'm unable to check but if you've got a case open with us about it and/or Ofcom are involved, it sounds like it could be a case of intereference from illegal pirate radio stations or other radio broadcasting equipment. It's very unfortunate as in these cases there's no real ETA, but I do hope Ofcom find the source soon for you.

In the meantine, if you're able to or have the means to, hopefully a combination of home/work or O2 Wifi and Wifi calling will be able to help alleviate some of the issue until it's resolved.

CommunitySig.png

O2 Social Media Team

Staffordshire gets this weeks 4G update shout-out, just in time for Halloween. It's all treats and no tricks for this location jack o lantern

CommunitySig.png

Topics: 649

@Chris_K wrote:

Staffordshire gets this weeks 4G update shout-out, just in time for Halloween. It's all treats and no tricks for this location jack o lantern

I see you are quite getting into the 'spirit' of things @Chris_K  jack o lantern

*The Game Is On*

Level 4: Observant

When is 5G coming out?
Topics: 518

First networks will start to roll out around 2020 but if 4g is anything to go by, O2 will be last.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Anonymous

It's important to remember that 5G is much more an evolution of 4G than it is a radically, ground breaking new technology, so the step change from 4G to 5G will include updating/improving current 4G side-by-side rolling out 5G, so it probably won't be/feel as dramatic as when 4G came along. More noticable will be the huge amount of capacitiy and additional devices that will be able to use a 5G network all at once.

All the operators seem to be heading at it in a slightly different way - o2 appear to have started trials with a lot of small cells and recently announced a partnership in the Midlands for real life driverless car testing: https://news.o2.co.uk/press-release/o2-driverless-vehicles/

EE has done their usual of announcing it'll launch ASAP next year, 2019, (but only in a few cities) and they'll just throw boat-loads of spectrum and new tech at their busiest masts, eventually this'll filter through to other cities in 2020 https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/were-launching-5g-give-our-customers-best-mobile-ever-marc-allera

Vodafone appear to be doing some small scale testing in specific locations/cities, probably with the view to roll it out after as well although here are already claiming they're first to launch... https://mediacentre.vodafone.co.uk/news/vodafone-first-full-5g-in-the-uk/

and Three, in true Three style are prediciting the demise of Fixed Line Broadband because their network will apparently cope so well! Smiley Wink https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46127712

Agree with the above comment though, whatever happens and whoever is first, o2 will most likely be the last to launch it fully. But it's swings and roundabouts, depending what you want your mobile devices for, o2 and Vodafone are pretty hard to beat when it comes to indoor coverage!