Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network VI delayed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey everyone,

Some bad news today.

Due to the Tube strike in London, i've had to delay the newtork virtual interview!

I'm personally really gutted, because it takes alot to get everyone together in one room to get you guys the updates you deserve, but we WILL get you guys the updates!!.

At the minute, i don't have a date, but that will change within the next few days.

As you can see i've blocked off replies to the thread, i'll re open and edit the post once i've got the date all booked in.

To give you all some background on the session, we all get together, myself and @Anonymous @Toby @Marjo and the network team including Brendan, Neil and Andrew to work through your questions and get them out in the alloted time.

Our network team work hard on sorting our network so getting them all in one place at one time is a challenge as they're all everyone is all over the country and working different times.

Anyway!!!

I'm working really hard now to get another date in ASAP.

I hope you all understand.

Brad

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93150 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Ok Brad. Sorry to hear this. Look forward to hearing the the new date

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Gosh I never really think just how much of an inconvenience these strikes are as we are in the wilds of norfolk. Hope you can get it sorted out soon, I was planning on lurking in the background as everyone else had asked all the things I wanted to know and I doubt it worth me asking if you'd put a 4G mast in my back garden ( even for mates rates on rental )
Message 4 of 12

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi Brad,

Given you are a comms company, is there no chance of a telephone conference instead?  I've been on two this morning with quite a few people involved in them with success.

Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 5 of 12

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Daddydoink,

A few members of the team were also unfortunately ill around the time, which contributed to our decision to postpone.

If you have any other questions for the VI guys, feel free to PM me or post them here. We'll also re-open the VI thread very soon.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

When is 3G/4G planned for Brechin, Angus?

When I upgraded last time (almost 2 years ago) I was told improvements would be done soon. I asked again as I am due an upgrade and was told 'very soon'. I get 4G at work in Aberdeen and 3G in all towns surrounding my hometown (some bigger and a few smaller). O2 seems to be years behind the other networks, if no definate date or timescale can be set for improvements I feel I have to move

Message 7 of 12

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Ah that's more understandable, thanks 🙂

Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just been reading this thread for the first time and it struck me as very odd indeed that a communications network that has been anxious to give the impression it is doing everything possible to extend and improve its network should need "...to get everyone together in one room to get you guys the updates you deserve...."   (Oh how I detest that expression "you guys"!!!!!!)  

The implications seem to be that (a) O2 staff cannot converse over their own network!!!   and (b) no single person in O2 seems to have the wherewithal to co-ordinate the appropriate information required to answer the many questions relating to poor network performance. 

But of course I may, as usual, be misunderstanding the situation.  Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 12

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I get what you're saying. We simply prefer to all work in the same room during a VI. It helps us all to chat about the event, help each other out by finding related topics that may be referenced in a answer and also for the community team to show the different departments how great the community is and what we can do here as a result of the great help, guides and review written. As with most business interactions, its simply more effective for everyone (members included) when we're all in the same room slight_smile 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 12